Simple Temp Monitors other than DHT22 family

Hi,
I have a few DHT22’s but am not happy with them, they all seem to report at least 2 degree’s higher than the real temp! Is there a more accurate alternative for monitoring temp?

Im running them from a nodemcu and thought it was the heat from generated from this that was causing the issue but even if I mount them outside the enclosure I have the same problem

As the saying goes : if you have one watch, you know the time. If you have two, you don’t. Same goes for thermometers. However, these are pretty accurate, using a ESP32 to read them out.

How do you know what the “real” temp is? What are you using that is more accurate?

A genuine DS18B20 should be more accurate for temperature (+/- 0.5 as opposed to +/-1.0 for DHT22).

[edit] If you need humitidy as well try the Si72021.

How do you find the update rate on those francis?

I found the CGG1 pretty woeful: Temperature and Humidity Sensor - UK

The script I use on the esp32 reads ( at the moment) 4 of them, one every 30 seconds.

1 Like

I started using this Xiaomi passive BLE Monitor sensor platform and the improvement was incredible!

Thanks I might revisit using these sensors again.

The DHT22(AM2302) is =/- 0.5°C

There’s a round up of readily available sensors here

Unfortunately it’s almost useless for determining absolute accuracy as they had no standard to measure against.

1 Like