Simple thermostat for HA

What is the best simple thermostat that can be connected to HA.

I want to manage temp. and automations by HA, so thermostat hardware could have basic, simple features.

Not enough information. What do you want zwave/wifi? Are you using any hubs besides HA?

I use this

Just an old DVB-T dongle and it sniffs the sensors from your neighbours. :slightly_smiling_face:

I use this one through Wink:

Pretty hppy with it, easy to install and probably cheaper to find somewhere else than on Amazon.

I have no other hubs.

That’s the good example but have no wink. Thanks

Don’t have a hub either, just the WiFi thermostat.
But it links through a Wink account.

I use an esp8266 with a 2 gang relay board attached. It runs tasmota and allows me to turn on and off the hearing from or cooling remotely from HA. I then have a Xiaomi temperature sensor which is located next to my old thermostat. Works like a charm and only cost under $40.

HA UI

Riley.

What @chairstacker said. The sensi works via the Wink API but doesn’t require a Wink hub to work. It’s one of the only thermostats I know that indicate when heat or cool is actually running not just set to that mode.

I can’t comment on the cooling, but I run a statistics sensor in HA on the heating part, i.e. how long has the heat been on in the last x hours.