Simple thermostat scheduler

Since there is no component for scheduling thermostat temperatures, and I didn’t want to use an external service like AppDaemon, I made a simple Python Script for that. It is called every 10 minutes by an automation and, depending on the current time and day, sets the thermostat target temperature.

The script has two temperatures, high and low, and supports different time intervals for week days and weekends. I’ve posted the code here: https://ledstripsandcode.blogspot.com/2018/11/simple-thermostat-scheduler-in-home.html

3 Likes

heat, now updated to schedy does this and more.

Awsome work, gonna try it out next week, I already have some scheduling in yaml, but I was looking in some simpler solution.
Just one thing… Is it possible to change time for turning on central heating from frontend, or is it hardcoded in python script? If so, what is ur lovelace code?

Yeah, but heaty and schedy require AppDaemon.

The various time ranges are hardcoded in the python script. Since there could be any number of time intervals, I’m not sure how I could bring that to the UI.
On lovelace I only have the thermostat card and the automation switch, so that I can turn the scheduler off and set the temperature manually if I need to.