Simple watering system

Need some help with an automation.
The idea is switch on/off a water pump according to moisture values of sensor

Hey mate, not to be rude but there are heaps of threads about this on the forum.

I’ve posted my irrigation code as well as a number of others. There are some extremely sophisticated setups you can use if you want, or just keep it simple. My code is on here and is simple, using local weather data, but you could swap the weather data for local sensor data instead.

1 Like

Sorry. Ive been looking for blueprints here but it does not match what I want. Probably they are more sophisticated than mine. I made an automation from the ha gui but it not works.

If you want super simple, just have an automation which triggers at whatever time you want to water, then use a numeric_state condition to prevent watering if the moisture sensor is above whatever value you decide to have as the cut-off. The action will obviously be turning on the pump.

Does it matter if my moisture output is float? My sensor output reading is in volts.
Thank you

Not really. The numeric_state is a number and will work, but I would use a template to convert the volt reading to something that nicely translates to a moisture % simply to make it easier to understand.