Simplisafe Alarm - State: unknown

My Simplisafe alarm component has been broken for quite some time. I can’t remember exactly when it broke, but it no longer tracks state of the alarm, nor can I run automations on it or control the panel from HASS. It just shows State: Unknown

Here is a snippet of my config:

alarm_control_panel:
  platform: simplisafe
  username: !secret simplisafe_login
  password: !secret simplisafe_pass

I know the credentials are correct, because I put in some invalid credentials and restarted HASS and I immediately saw an error for invalid credentials. That’s not something I get when I have the credentials set correctly.

Here is a screenshot of the card when I click the SimpliSafe component on my HASS states page

And here is the component in the components listing (serial number redacted)

Anyone else having an issue like this or know a fix for it?

[edit] I just updated to 0.42.3 and there’s no change. Below are the logs that pertain to the SimpliSafe component when I start HASS: (line numbers are from my text editor)

Line 39: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=group.alarm, new_state=<state group.alarm=unknown; friendly_name=Alarm, entity_id=('alarm_control_panel.simplisafe', 'automation.arm_alarm_at_10pm_if_disarmed', 'automation.auto_arm_alarm_after_15_minutes'), order=2 @ 2017-04-11T20:47:22.481419-05:00>, old_state=None>
Line 93: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded alarm_control_panel.simplisafe from homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel.simplisafe
Line 93: INFO:homeassistant.loader:Loaded alarm_control_panel.simplisafe from homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel.simplisafe
Line 232: INFO:homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel:Setting up alarm_control_panel.simplisafe
Line 241: INFO:simplipy.api:Logged into SimpliSafe
Line 241: INFO:simplipy.api:Logged into SimpliSafe
Line 322: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=alarm_control_panel.simplisafe, new_state=<state alarm_control_panel.simplisafe=unknown; friendly_name=SimpliSafe, co=No Alert, last_event=System Armed (home mode) 1HA8U "Garage Keypad", flood=No Alert, temperature=None, changed_by=None, alarm=No Alert, code_format=None, fire=No Alert @ 2017-04-11T20:47:27.306192-05:00>, old_state=None>
Line 322: INFO:homeassistant.core:Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=alarm_control_panel.simplisafe, new_state=<state alarm_control_panel.simplisafe=unknown; friendly_name=SimpliSafe, co=No Alert, last_event=System Armed (home mode) 1HA8U "Garage Keypad", flood=No Alert, temperature=None, changed_by=None, alarm=No Alert, code_format=None, fire=No Alert @ 2017-04-11T20:47:27.306192-05:00>, old_state=None>

Did you figure this out? I’m having the same problem.

do you have to pay the $25 monthly plan to get it working with HA?

Just found this thread, has anyone found the solution or a workaround?
I just tried to create a simple notification to send a message when the alarm would change from “disarmed” to “armed_away” and it’s causing issues.