Simplisafe issues

Hey friends,

I’m glad to have finally joined the forum. I’ve started simplisafe not too long ago, and I have been using it a lot, so I think joining this forum will be beneficial.

I have a question regarding simpisafe alarm system. I have had the state of the alarm system working flawless until maybe a week ago. Now it stays at alarm_away no matter what state my alarm system is in. It is frozen at this state.

I have attempted to remove and add the alarm system in my config which hasn’t helped. I am unsure what else to do, since there isn’t much more to it. Any ideas on what could be causing the state of the alarm system to be frozen? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks!
Panboy

I am in the process of updating the SimpliSafe libaray used by HomeAssistant to use SimpliSafe’s new API. So, hopefully that fixes things. However I don’t think you should be having issue with the old libaray if it is showing up at all. Do you see any errors in the logs?

I used logger to show all info as well as just error messages and I don’t see anything abnormal. Interesting enough, it does set the “new state” to alarm_arm_away, which is what I currently see. But I haven’t changed anything regarding that, so it seems like it isn’t updating from that initial state. Any where else I can check to look for errors besides the .log file?

No, that should be where they are. There isn’t m,uch logging in the current SimpliSafe library. I will attempt to get the updated libraray done asap. I’ll reach out with steps to use it prior to being officially added to HA I’d you are interested.

That would be great. I would definitely give it a shot before it is out.
Thanks

I doubt anything has changed since yesterday, but noticed that when I got home from work the status is working again…

To jump on to this as well, for the past few months or so, I’ve been unable to control my alarm from HA. It reads the status properly most of the time (occasionally just showing ‘unknown’), but I cannot control it at all.

I did update to the newer hardware around that time, but I can’t say with any certainty whether the problem started at the exact same time or not. Either way, I’m hoping your update will solve my problems as well.

Thanks for your work!

The new update is ready to test.

Place this https://hastebin.com/lebuxunihu.py into YOUR_HA_CONFIG_DIR/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/simplisafe.py

and then restart.

Also if you run in to any issue turn on debug logging, recreate and send me the logs via a PM

Sorry, I feel dumb asking, but I can’t figure out how to PM you. It doesn’t give me an option to create a PM.

Thanks for getting the alarm updated. Either way, this is the error I am getting.

2018-07-16 17:45:22 INFO (MainThread 
[homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Setting up 
alarm_control_panel.simplisafe
2018-07-16 17:45:22 ERROR (MainThread) 
[homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform 
simplisafe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", 
line 129, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/simplisafe.py", line 46, in 
setup_platform
simplisafe = SimpliSafeApiInterface(username, password)
TypeError: __init__() takes 1 positional argument but 3 were given

Using hassio?

affirmative

Also, I removed that file and now it is still giving me an error. "Can’t import name ‘get systems’ " from SimpliSafeApiInterface

Try this.

(1) remove the alarm_control_panel component from your config
(2) reboot the system
(3) put back the alarm_control_panel component
(4) reboot the system

The SimpliSafe-python library won’t upgrade without following the above steps for some reason.

Also use this file, another user found some issues with the original. https://hastebin.com/foxiqoxuse.py

Still getting something.

2018-07-16 18:30:25 INFO (MainThread) 
[homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Setting up 
alarm_control_panel.simplisafe
2018-07-16 18:30:27 ERROR (MainThread) 
[homeassistant.components.alarm_control_panel] Error while setting up platform 
simplisafe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", 
line 129, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/simplisafe.py", line 48, in 
setup_platform
    for system in simplisafe.get_systems():
  File "/config/deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/simplipy/api.py", line 283, in 
get_systems
    _system = SimpliSafeSystem(self, _system_state, self.sensors[_location_id])
KeyError: 860369

Add the following to your config

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
      simplipy.api: debug

Restart again and then send me your logs. I will start a PM that you can respond to.

Has this ever been resolved? I too am experiencing issues with a frozen state using Simplisafe. I have the older version of the alarm system if that is at all relevant.

What version are you on? @bachya has done a lot of work on SimpliSafe recently, several of the changes I believe were breaking changes so if you upgrade make sure you check the release notes/update doc for SImpliSafe.

0.81.1 for Home Assistant under hassbian, not hassio.

What I’m noticing after removing it, rebooting, adding it and rebooting is that I don’t see the device in the states page under developer tools. it’s like that portion of my configuration is now being ignored.

I upgraded to .81.1 this afternoon and noticed it was missing from my setup as well. I had to go to Configuration-Integration and setup Simplisafe there for it to show.

I found the new configuration info and all is now well. Thank you.