SimpliSafe questions

Recommend you update to the 2022.5.0 beta – I was fortunate enough to figure out a authentication flow that only needs username/password.

This did not work for me. Left logs on the github issue page? No option to try again. I get this error:
Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble

Are you following the instructions to open the debug window and copy the code.

There is no debug window on this version. All was working prior to the May beta release.

1 Like

This has been driving me nuts. Is anyone able to expose the alarm panel to Alexa and arm with “turn on”? I have done the customize and set it to code_arm_required: false, but Alexa still will not discover it???

Has anyone used the alarm-panel UI card and not need to punch in the security code in order to ARM/DISARM ? I had to re-configure the Simplisafe setup recently in HA, and when I added the UI card for alarm-panel it shows a keypad and expects the code to be entered before hitting the button to disarm.

Yes. Enter the code in the integration where is says configure. Put the code in a click save.

Hi SS users,

Heads up: SimpliSafe has introduced a reCAPTCHA in their application login, which breaks any sort of (re)authentication flow in Home Assistant. The prospects of programmatically bypassing reCAPTCHA aren’t great, but I am investigating and will post more to the issue as I can.

It’s an old thread, but in case anyone else stumbles on it, I thought I’d share my experience as well.

I looked at and played with Simplisafe some, but rapidly concluded that in order for me to have a comparable security system controlled by Hass WITH dispatch monitoring, that Abode was a better solution.

This was specifically because Abode supports HomeKit, which means even if the Abode servers are down you can still arm, disarm or trigger the alarm locally, or if your home internet connectivity is unavailable you can still communicate with Abode locally and trigger alarms via the cellular backup in the device.

I’ve had success managing it all locally with HomeKit, then just setting passcodes etc in the Abode app, but generally only very rarely ever touch anything since I automate most of the actions with HA, while still getting the dispatch and monitored paid service, (and for a very long time didn’t use the paid service at all, only upgraded when we started travelling out of town more and weren’t available by cell).

Does the integration expose the video doorbell as a device?

No. Investigation into supporting it through the underlying library hasn’t been fruitful: SimpliSafe Camera Integration · Issue #85 · bachya/simplisafe-python · GitHub

As of a few days ago, after a SimpliSafe update, I’m not longer able to see my devices. I reauthenticated using the same method as before. This time k was asked if I wanted to use fingerprint or face identification. I skipped and added the code from the website dev tools. It says I’m authenticated but doesn’t show any devices. Anyone else having this issue?

Have you update HASS to a new version? Or you noticed this when restarting an existing version?

This was following an update on the SimpliSafe side. I have removed and readers to no avail. My devices just aren’t showing up. It’s likely I’m doing something wrong but the integration was working fine prior to the SimpliSafe update and I was curious if anyone else was expediting this same issue so I could eliminate me being the problem lol

Got it. Feel free to file an issue here: Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub. In particular, diagnostics will help. If there is a problem and I can identify it quickly, it’s possible we can get this in before Wednesday’s release.

What update did you do? Firmware? I do not show any updates available on my system but heard a new firmware is coming out.

I dont know how to tell what firmware version it was. I got an alert for a firmware update and I had to do it from the keypad. I think I’m going to pull SimpliSafe and run ESP32 with all my wired sensors and put up a few zigbee motion sensors. I have the ESP32 system up and running and fully configured . Its very stable although it will have to be self monitored which is ok because that is what i was doing with SimpliSafe. And there is no delay because, no cloud. All local.

From the SimpliSafe Website “Versions 2.9.16 and 2.9.6 bring stability improvements to the Base Station and Keypad.” I have version 2.9.6. The 12/2 release has not been pushed to me (yet).

@bachya What information do you need when I update to try and capture the change? I would assume if the update failed for @Krush210 it will fail for the rest of us.

Bill

Diagnostics are helpful, as are debug-level logs for both homeassistant.components.simplisafe and simplipy.

For what it’s worth, I updated my system a few days ago and have not experienced any issues with the integration. So, could be something else going on. Diagnostics and logs will help.

This may be a dumb question but how do i check the firmware version from the app? I cant find it for some reason