SimpliSafe questions

I can grab logs. I pulled some debug-level logs and it sees when i arm/disarm my system and i can see all kinds of information in the logs so it does appear to be connected. Just none of my devices are showing up. I will get some log data later today and provide it.

1 Like

I just checked and I am on versions:

Keypad: 2.9.6
Base Station: 2.9.16

I am on 2.8.2 for keypad and 2.8.6 for base station. The update just hit my system. I’ll let you know how it works with HA.

FYI, @Krush210 and I spoke in a sidebar and identified his issue (will be fixed in 2022.12.1); it isn’t tied to SS firmware.

1 Like

Just picked up a new Simplisafe System, and installed. I don’t want to pay for their service, am I reading this correct in the integration wiki that I can’t integrate my system with HA unless I’m paying a monthly subscription fee??

1 Like

It’s unclear. It used to be that way, but their subscription plans page seems to indicate you can now control unmonitored systems.

Try setting it up in HASS and let me know?

I have been trying to set this up for days in HASS, and checking on multiple devices/browsers, there is no com.simplisafe.mobile auth code in the page after the MFA authorization. Has this process changed and the documentation not been updated?

The process hasn’t changed; I just tried a fresh instance and it worked. Post screenshots here (properly redacted) and I’ll try to assist.

Here’s the console output after putting in the SMS:

On my PC it freezes at that point, with no information in the network tab. On my fiance’s Mac in Safari (it’s her account), it allows her to go to the next step but on inspection of the page, searching the code, the console, and the network tabs, nothing mentioning com.simplisafe.mobile or anything with a code=

What am I missing here?

What browser are you using on your PC?

Firefox on my PC

I personally haven’t been able to get this to work with Firefox, but I have with Chrome. Here’s a link to the instructions I left in the Github issue in August: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/75596#issuecomment-1205248925

1. Copy the “here” link in the integration setup and paste it into Chrome. Setup didn’t work for me in Firefox or Edge.
  2. Press F12 to open the dev tools in the Chrome window that the link opens
  3. Login, including verifying the reCaptcha
  4. From the email, click the “Verify Device” link. It’s ok to let this open in the default browser.
  5. In the Chrome window, view the Console or Network tabs of the dev tools. Look for the com.simplisafe.mobile error, and copy the code. Make sure to copy only the code, not spaces or any other part of the URL.
  6. Paste the code into the “Authorization Code” field of the integration setup.
1 Like

Copy that. Will try this tonight once I am off work and will let you all know. It might be helpful to update the documentation to note that this requires Chrome specifically.

Update on this, worked flawlessly when doing it from Chrome.

Thanks for the update. There was a time when Firefox and Safari both worked flawlessly, but that may be over. I’ll add a note to the docs.

1 Like

This was working flawlessly for me for years until I recently had to restore from a backup. I used to see the alarm panel card displayed without the code numbers and was able to use Apple Shortcuts to arm and disarm the SimpliSafe system via Home Assistant calls. Unfortunately, after the restore, I have to manually type in the code on the card to arm and disarm. Putting the alarm code into the integration’s configuration for the UI does nothing and now the Apple Shortcuts don’t work anymore. When I run them, I get the following error in the logs: Incorrect alarm code entered (target state: armed_home): None

My system is up-to-date and I’ve tried deleting the integration completely and reinstalling, but no luck.

Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Edit: I had a fundamental misunderstanding of how the code worked in the UI. I thought it did the opposite. I removed it and now see just the buttons to Arm and Disarm.

I am seeing the “Code” now as well after a reauthentication. I see you said you “removed it” and it’s just showing the arm and disarm buttons. How did you manage that?

I left the code field blank, that fixed it for me. I’m a UX Designer and I thought providing the code applied it automatically to arm and disarm, but it does the opposite. Whatever code you provide in the configuration is then required in the UI to arm and disarm.

What’s odd is that the field just appeared in the card for me this week. I never had to supply a code before and sending either a blank code or a PIN that is valid for my system (via UI or scripting methods) just throws an error in the log saying a pin of “None” (or the actual pin for my system) is invalid.

When I set up via the integrations system, it never asks for a pin, so the Home Assistant configuration itself doesn’t have one.

I downgraded through the last couple of versions and when I got back to 2023.3.4 the “Code” went away in the entity dialog. Starting in 2023.3.5 the “Code” field was there, although nothing obvious in the release notes shows what changed.

I’m able to arm and disarm now without codes while I dig in to see what changed between 2023.3.4 and 2023.3.5.