Simplistic configuration UI

I am seeing 0.4 as the latest version in Hassio… I think there is an update I should be seeing?

There is. But it always takes a while to get published in the official add-on store. That’s why I have revived my own add-on repository (to which you also have responded here). When using my repository instead of the official one, you’ll get the latest version sooner.

I saw that but I’m unsure how to use that? Do I need to add a repo as a new store?

NVM - I see I need to add the repo in the first post of that other thread…

can you also update the docker images?

thank you.

The Docker images or not built by me. This is the repo for Docker.

The Docker image has been updated now. :+1:

0.3.2 (standalone) has been released. Hassio version too. My latest repository has been updated as well.
This release mainly focuses on fixes for the hassio add-on.

Changelog:

• Allow PASSWORD to be numeric (Issue #108)
  • Sanity check for ALLOWED_NETWORKS, BANNED_IPS and IGNORE_PATTERN
  • Reading files as UTF-8

Thanks Daniel - loading from your Repo now. Thanks for this great addon

1 Like

Once your done, could you please have a look and confirm if this issue exists for you as well?

Yeah it does. Posted a log there for you.

The hassio version has been update now as well. The error mentioned here was related to the hassio supervisor, not the configurator. So with the latest supervisor version everybody should be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyone can help me to understand how I can configure sesame_totp_secret… cause I didn’t understand very well how to do it.

If I set my sesame_totp_secret: mypassword … then in the google authenticator I have to set the mypassword and the authenticator will generate OTP code based on this password?

thanks

Yep, that’s how it’s supposed to work. The trickiest part probably is creating the secret. The used library has a function to do this mentioned here.
But don’t confuse this with the password you need to login. The sesame generally is a string you can append to the URL of your configurator, which, when present, whitelists the IP you are accessing from. So it’s a more secure alternative to the regulare sesame option. You will still need to properly login when using it successfully.

After som struggling with ssl and https I finally got Configurator to work again, but now I cant get the “entities” to show up to the left.
Not the biggest problem, but if there is some simple way to tell me what I’m missing I would be glad.
Excellent editor anyway :slight_smile:

This usually happens if the configurator is unable to connect to Home Assistant. If you’re on a newer version, then make sure the legacy API password is enabled. The configurator does not yet support the new auth system introduced with later HASS versions.

Hey Daniel - I don’t have legacy_api anymore and entities and configurator work fine on my Hass.io

I think with hassio it’s a bit different. IIRC you don’t even have to specify the token because some other, hassio-secific, internal token is used, which is done automatically.

1 Like

I’m struggeling with the same issue, can you elaborate what you did with your nginx config?

Been along time since I worked on this, and I’ve moved to a completely different setup since. So I can’t tell you exactly what I did to fix my issue. But I think I had the nginx proxy location set up incorrectly, and had nginx proxying an incorrect url.

1 Like

thanks for responding, it took me a while but I was able to get it up and running. (was a trailing slash for the location part and a header setting to pass the auth)