Simulate Ring doorbel switch press by pressing a secondary switch?

Hello!
I have the ring peephole version, and I found that most of the guests just press on the old doorbell switch rather than the Ring switch, So I have connected the “dumb” doorbell switch to shelly1.
Now I’m thinking about how can I simulate a Ring button press in automation. Is there ring switch entity or something similar?

If it exists the Ring doorbell button won’t be a switch (output) it will be a binary sensor (input).

The entities associated with your Ring integration can be found on the page Configuration / Integrations / Ring.

If such a binary sensor exists you will then need this python script to alter the state of your Ring binary sensor to simulate a button push (binary sensors are not normally meant to be changed by Home Assistant, but ‘sensed’ by the integration instead):

The other option is to write an automation triggered by the Shelly that does the same actions as your Ring doorbell (e.g. camera snapshot and notification).

@tom_l Thanks! It did change the binary sensor state, but did not activate the ring system, did I do something wrong?

alias: Ring on doorbell press
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.shelly_1_e8db84d2a419_shortpush_0
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.shelly_1_e8db84d2a419_longpush_0
condition: []
action:
  - service: python_script.set_state
    data_template:
      entity_id: binary_sensor.front_door_ding