Since Update z-Wave JS to 0.4.2 and Core to 2023.12.0 Z-Wave and Zigbee do not work

Until this issue i was very satisfied with HA and the RPi because it ran stable and reliable. But if it doesn’t work here any more i must try something else. Can it make sense to buy a HA Green? Can i restore there a Backup from the Rpis HAOS? Or do all devices need to be reconnectet? It would take days because the most are difficult to reach.

When HAOS 11.2 came out, it came out with an updated linux kernel version and it is plausible that the new kernel version has a bug in it for certain USB devices (not sure of course), so hopefully the issue raised on github will get some attention (but if its a linux kernel bug, its less of an HA issue and more of a linux kernel issue).

You may want to get into the HA CLI and try: ha os update --version 11.1

1 Like

The “update” to version 11.1 has worked. The z-wave devices are working again. Unfortunately, the Zigbee devices are still not accessible. In deConz and Phoscon, the devices are displayed and also provide data. But these datas are not available in Home Assistant.

Here two screenshots:

I don’t have deConz or Phoscon to help out with this, but perhaps restarting everything may get it to work again.

Same here… took an update NOTHING will work… Z-Wave JS WILL NOT connect. HA sees the USB port. tried new keys- old keys- backups- reboots- reflash the Z- stick. NOTHING… I cannot get Z-Wave JS to connect. 2 weeks now of trying. This sucks

This Post from wmaker helped me by getting z-wave back to work. Maybe its a solution for you? My zigbee-stick is still not working.

I have now started again and proceeded as follows: Download new HA OS for the RPi3, restore a full data backup from 11/23/2023 then back to the old version 11.1 (thanks wmaker!) Then activated z-wave JS. After that everything ran as before, including deConz / Phoscon. I did lose some logged data, but that’s not so bad. However, I will not update to version 11.2 for the time being.
Have many thanks for your help.

Hello jmmorgado,
now i had some more time to spend on it. Look at the solution, maybe it can help you.