Since Update z-Wave JS to 0.4.2 and Core to 2023.12.0 Z-Wave and Zigbee do not work

Hello Community,
since updating z-wave to 0.4.2 and core to 2023.12.0 my Add-ons Z-Wave JS and deConz dont work any more. I tried to reboot and to replace a Backup, disconnect and reconnect my ZMEEUZB but nothing helped. I think the z-wave wants to use the ConBee II -Stick. See screenshot.

Can anybody help me? I’m only a user, not a developer, so if there is a solution, i wouldt like to have something like a step-by-step-guide.
Thank you very much for every help.
Kind Regards
Frako

Did you reboot

Go to zwave addon and make sure the zwave stick is still setup

Also goto UI->System->Hardware->All Hardware and make sure the USB Sticks you want to use are present (somewhere in the list, it should show as ttySomething like ttyUSB0 or ttyACM0)

Hi,

I have the same issue. Did you solve yours?

I had a similar issue after the upgrade to ZWAVE JS 0.4.2, the Reboot, not a Restart fixed my issue.

Yes, i rebooted the complete System.
I think zwave can’t find the stick. Only the zigbee-Stick is shown.
The zwave-integration reports setup failed, will be tried again.

Under All Hardware i can only find ttyACM0 with my ConBee II-Zigbee-stick. The Z-wave-stick is not displayed.

For more advanced debugging, if you can get access to the console on your HA machine (i.e. linux root shell), or you can also use Advanced SSH & Web Terminal AddOn. Plug-in your ZWave stick and enter: dmesg | less . Then type G to goto the bottom. You should see various usb events going on that may indicate what is going on.

Also, did you upgrade HAOS to 11.2? Another community forum user experienced an issue with their zwave.me USB stick when running 11.2.

Shutdown, turn power off, unplug everything, plug back in, restart

1 Like

I upgraded to HAOS 11.2 some Weeks ago, i remember.

HAOS 11.2 is the running system. From the Terminal i got the information you can see in the screenshot. Is this the information you wanted? I’m not sure about this.

I had it all tried, but no change. These were the first things i’ve done.

Is the device you’re having problems with battery powered or AC powered (connected to an outlet)?

I’ve the Problem with all z-wave an zigbee devices. About 60 pcs. from these are about 30 ac-powerd and the other 30 are battery-powered. The Problem must be somewhere in the server. (RPi3B+) The deConz-mudul is runnig, ican see the zigbee-devices inside the deConz. But there is no communikation to them. The z-wave-dongle isn’t working at all. I think it can’t find the right usb-port or the communikation is blended with the zigbee-stick (Conbee II) and both don’t work.

Since dmesg contains a lot of information and is rather long (and usb events are seldom at the beginning which is what you have captured), the reason I suggested plugging in your stick and then going to the bottom of the dmesg output, is that it makes it easier to see the usb events for that particular usb device.

Ah, sorry. I dont came to the bottom with “G”. Now i used the down-arrow. There ist something with usb: Unable to enumerate USB device. A new screenshot is attached.

I have seen this from another Forum user. The Linux kernel/usb driver is unable to read this particular USB stick properly. It is most likely due to the upgrade in the linux version when HAOS 11.2 came out. I recommend posting an issue on this. You can create your own issue or add this screenshot and some comments to this issue.

Thanks for your information. I added the screenshot to the existing issue.

I was able to resolve my issue by restoring to the point before the update, everything back to normal.

I have restored a Backup on a new downloaded HAOS but the OS version is still 11.2. So nothing changes. Can I get somewhere an older Version of the OS?

Has somebody else an idea? I can’t use the most of my devices. Will there be a solution with the next Update? When?