Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

Does anybody have a TH1400WF thermostat. It’s the only one that I’m missing the model number to add it to neviweb130

Merci Claude, version 1.4.2 solve my issue.

Not yet.
I still don’t know if I’m gonna get the TH1400WF or the Zigbee version.

I will need a 240v controller this summer to control my pool pump. If I get a Sinope RM3250ZB, I will need the GT130 hub. So I might as well just get the cheaper TH1400ZB.

Anyone using the Sinope 240v controller ? I am debating between Sinope or Aeotec Heavy Duty Smart Switch (z-wave)

Hi @kevin.turcotte, I have two RM3250ZB. one with the GT130 and one with the Conbee II. Both work perfectly but the one with the Conbee II respond faster. HA support both but there are more options availables with the GT130 and Neviweb. I’ll update soon the neviweb130 to have custom services as I did for the two otner custom_component neviweb and sinope-gt125. Next I’ll do the same for the ZHA with Conbee II.
Conbee II is cheap and work perfectly.

1 Like

Hello @claudegel Sorry if these questions have been repetitive but I am considering if I don’t ask I wont know. I have a total of 4 Sinope thermostats running right now, 3 - TH1123ZB and 1 - TH1400ZB all connected via ZHA using a Nortek husbzb-1.

There are two things that I am interested in that I haven’t been able to find a simple step by step guide for when using a setup like what I have described.

1. Adjusting display lighting
  2. Changing from 24h to 12h standard

I have seen where you mentioned about out side temp updates. Can you share more information on when that will become available?

Thanks in advance for you time and effort.

Hi, on this post #619 I explain how I can be able to change backlight setting to “On Demand”. You’ll have to edit the /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/clusters/hvac.py file ( could be accessible with portainer add-on #8), add the 0x0402 attibute in the thermostat attribute list (line 300). this change will be overwrite to the next update until a pull request will be done.
About the time format it should be set from the ManufacturerSpecificCluster but as @Buhric mentioned #614 there is no cluster in the list. @claudegel will have a look for that soon

Hi @jsrich31, I’m finishing custom services for my three custom_component:
sinope-gt125, to menage devices connected to the GT125 directly
neviweb, to manage mi-wi devices via Sinopé Neviweb polling
neviweb130, to manage zigbee (GT130) and wifi device via Sinopé Neviweb poling
I hope to finish this weekend then I will make the changes for ZHA and zigpy. As those two are not my own component it could take a little more time but as I have many zigbee devices I need those changes.
There is also a way to install ZHA as a custom component so this way the HA update won’t affect the patch for backlight and other thing during the test period.

Those custom services include the backlight intensity and you gave me the idea to add a custom service for time format.

Hi everybody today I’m releasing release for each custom_components to finish adding custom services:
Neviweb130 custom_component:

• neviweb130.set_second_display, allow to change setting of the thermostats second display from setpoint temperature to outdoor temperature. This need to be sent only once to each devices.
  • neviweb130.set_keypad_lock, allow to lock the keypad of the device. Work for thermostat, light and power controler.
  • neviweb130.set_timer, this is used to set a timer in seconds (0 to 10800) to the light and switch devices to turn_off after that delay.
  • neviweb130.set_led_indicator, this allow to change led indicator color and intensity on light devices for «on» and «off» state. you can send any color in the RGB list via the three color parameters red, green and blue and you can set intensity of the led indicator.
  • neviweb130.set_time_format to display time in 12h or 24h on thermostats.
  • neviweb130.set_temperature_format to disply temperature in celsius or fahrenheit format on thermostats.
  • neviweb130.set_backlight to set bakclight intensity in state «on» or «off» for thermostats.
  • neviweb130.set_wattage to set wattageOverload for light devices.
  • neviweb130.set_setpoint_min to set minimum setpoint temperature for thermostats.
  • neviweb130.set_setpoint_max to set maximum setpoint temperature for thermostats.

neviweb custom_component:

• neviweb.set_second_display, allow to change setting of the thermostats second display from setpoint temperature to outdoor temperature. This need to be sent only once to each devices.
  • neviweb.set_keypad_lock, allow to lock the keypad of the device. Work for thermostat, light and power controler.
  • neviweb.set_timer, allow to set a delay after which the light or switch will close automatically.
  • neviweb.set_led_indicator, this allow to change led indicator color and intensity on light devices for «on» and «off» state. you can send any color in the RGB list via the three color parameters red, green and blue and you can set intensity of the led indicator.
  • neviweb.set_time_format to display time in 12h or 24h on thermostats.
  • neviweb.set_temperature_format to disply temperature in celsius or fahrenheit format on thermostats.
  • neviweb.set_early_start to set thermostat early start heating.
  • neviweb.set_backlight to set bakclight intensity in state «on» or «off» for thermostats.
  • neviweb.set_wattage to set wattageOverload for light devices.
  • neviweb.set_setpoint_min to set minimum setpoint temperature for thermostats.
  • neviweb.set_setpoint_max to set maximum setpoint temperature for thermostats.

Sinope-gt125 custom_component:

• sinope.set_outside_temperature, to send outside temperature to the thermostats
  • sinope.set_keypad_lock, to lock keyboard of thermostats, light, dimmer and power control devices
  • sinope.set_event_timer to set timer for the light and switch devices events for them to send notice when they are activated.
  • sinope.set_second_display to switch thermostat second display from setpoint and outside temperature display
  • sinope.set_backlight_state to set backlight intensity of thermostats
  • sinope.set_backlight_idle to set backlight intensity when idle
  • sinope.set_led_indicator to set led color and intensity for light and dimmer
  • sinope.set_basic_data to send time, date, sunrizeand sunset to devices when it is not done by Neviweb.

I hope you’ll have fun there is still small bug but there is enough to play. If you need more custom services let me know.

Now I’m starting to do the same for zigbee devices via ZHA .

Today I’ve added support for Sedna valve and sensor directly in HA via my custom_component neviweb130. You will have to switch your valve from Sinope water leak API to Sinope Neviweb. Instruction are available on Sinope site:

Claude,

Just tried one of the new custom services (set_keypad_lock) and it doesn’t work.

No error message, but the keypad remains unlocked. Ideas ?

Are you with HA core-2021.1.4 ?
On my side it do not work also. but in log I have

2021-01-18 21:50:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=neviweb, service=set_keypad_lock, service_data=entity_id=climate.neviweb_climate_cave, lockKeypad=locked>
2021-01-18 21:50:03 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547507298992] Sending {'id': 50, 'type': 'result', 'success': True, 'result': {'context': Context(user_id='0c85ba9cf3684c9c99ab8e29526bb7b5', parent_id=None, id='f287f148b9c2d4314ab83799be688f71')}}

So service data was sent succesfully by HA to neviweb custom_component. I need to dig a little to find out why neviweb custom_component do not send it to Neviweb

Yes, I’m on 2021.1.4

I just got the Sinope TH1300ZB and have been using the TH1123ZB for a while now with ZHA. The TH1123ZB has been working well for climate control however it would be great to have some of the more advanced features (e.g. setting 12 hour clock and outdoor temperature). The TH1300ZB seems to be working similarly to the TH1123ZB however it’s missing the electrical measurement sensor for some reason.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know as I’d be happy to test things out or provide some sort of logs or do some development if you could point me in the right direction of where to start.

I just discovered an unattended “feature” of gt125 gateway…

We are actually out of our house and before leaving, I shutdown the h.a server(bad idea) and for saving fiew $ we suspend the internet conection.

For some strange reasons, without internet, the gt125 decide at my place, even if I put the gt125 in away mode to switch the mode and go to presence mode! So, 21 degrees in my home, with a hydro Quebec cold period. I am very disappointed because when I am in the house, I have scripts in h.a to reduce the temperature when a cold period is announced.

I wrote to the technical service but… no response.

Best regards.

Thierry Vorms

I’ve done the quirks for the Sinopé thermostats in ZHA. Now I’m working to implement outside temperature and other services. I’ve a couple TH1300ZB and need to add some services like what I have in my other custom components.
So zhaquirks is done for thermostats, light and dimmer
Need to add code to ZHA and probably zigpy.

1 Like

All program are stored in the devices and GT125. Not in Neviweb. To work properly the GT125 devices need to receive time and date once a day or they could loose there program. For example, for the outside temperature if it do not receive outside data at least once per hour the thermostats revert to local setpoint display. Maybe, after a day without time and date update the thermostats just revert to normal setpoint. That’s why we need to have all services locally to keep our devices alive if there is no internet.

Sinopé is launching Éco Sinopé today with possibly new fonction in Neviweb.
Neviweb was down all day. I’ve lost all my outside temperature on my thermostats. Needed to activate set_outside_temperature service on my GT125 devices.
For coming days please check your HA custom components for Sinopé devices in case we need to update or change things.
We’ll have another peak demand tomorrow. I hope Neviweb shut down won’t cause any problem. Now all neviweb and neviweb130 custom_component devices are not updated and are not availables.

Have fun and stay hot tomorrow

Looking forward to to this.

Would anyone know why the sinope devices added with the custom component do not send to influxDB? I have other climate devices and they do send. Is this a limitation of the sinope integration or custom components or could I have something else badly configured on my side?

Which custom component do you use; sinope-GT125, neviweb or neviweb130 ?
If something is missing we can add it but I don’t use influxDB so I need more info on how influxDB is working