Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

Great, have fun

Thank you for posting this. I am using these thermostats with a Nortek HUSBZB-1 and ZHA. I looked this over last night and was able to create an automation from the GUI that replicates this and its been working very well so far.

Now if I can figure out a simple way to change the time and Backlighting at night. My Thermostat setup will be complete.

A lot has changed since the last time that you gave me this solution. Looking at it now I am not able to locate that file. Is there another way to achieve this? Thanks in advance for all the help and advice.

As I just update to HA 2021.7.1 my Conbee II stop working in ZHA. I had to go back to 2021.6.6 to get it back.
Anybody have the same problem ?

Same here. Revert to 6.6 and all is well.

Updated from 2021.6.4 to 2021.7.1 without issue. Could be corruption in the zigbee database, try restoring previous zigbee.db after update.

Update to 2021.7.2 solve the problem. Everything fine

Hi Everyone, Donā€™t know if it is the right blog but I am looking for some advice ā€¦ I am thinking changing all my basic thermostats by Sinope thermostats and let HA do the control of my electric baseboard heaters with this custom component. Just wondering what is the best option: Wifi or Zigbee devices ? I already have a CC2531 USB Zigbee dongle as a hub for some other Zigbee devices in the house. Will it work with these Sinope thermostats ? Thank you very much for any feedback.

Hi @Sibro welcome to this blog about SinopĆ© devices. If you go wifi you will need to add the Sinope Neviweb130 custom component. Those wifi devices donā€™t need any gateway but must be connected to Neviweb portal. Sinope Neviweb130 will manage them by connecting to Neviweb.
If you go zigbee, your devices will be managed locally via your dongle. It is a little faster, especially for light and both light, dimmer, power control and thermostat are supported as long as your dongle is supported by ZHA. Iā€™m not sure that the CC2531 is fully supported. I personnaly use a Conbee II usb dongle that works perfectly.

Thank you Claude for your prompt reply. Local control sounds definitively better. Until now my CC2531 dongle works fine with the ZHA integration. Iā€™ll give it a tryā€¦ which custom component should I use then ? Thanks.

If your dongle works with ZHA then you donā€™t need anything else. Just go in ZHA and add your devices with the discovery button. Then push the two button on your thermostats. It should link correctly in few second. Start by linking the devices that are closer to the dongle and proceed with the one that are farther. ZHA support thermostat, light, dimmer and power controler without problem

Hello Claude, I just received my first TH1123ZB thermostat today ! I will install it during the week end and will get back to you if I have any trouble connecting it to HA. Thanks again for your help.

Hello, just for the benefit of other/new Sinope users, communication between HA/ZHA and the thermostat works fine using the CC2531USB Zigbee dongle. Now I have another newbie question for this community ā€¦ I am trying to figure out if I still have to create a neviweb account and control my thermostat via the remote neviweb interface and this custom component if I want, for example, to send the outdoor temperature on the thermostat display or lock the keypad (i.e as decribed in the custom services in Sinope-130 custom component)? Thanks.

Iā€™m happy that it work. For the local temperature sent to thermostat you can do it in ZHA. You donā€™t need to go via Neviweb. For thermostats keypad lock you need to go via Neviweb but for that you need a gt130 gateway. Your zigbee thermostats need to go via the GT130 to connect to Neviweb.
Here is the code for local temperature sent to your thermostat:

#################################
###      send outside temperature to zigbee thermostat
#################################
  - alias: Heat-OutdoorTemp
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.dark_sky_temperature
    variables:
      thermostats:
        - 50:0b:91:40:00:02:26:6d
    action:
      - repeat:
          count: "{{thermostats|length}}"
          sequence:
            - service: zha.set_zigbee_cluster_attribute
              data:
                ieee: "{{ thermostats[repeat.index-1] }}"
                endpoint_id: 1
                cluster_id: 0xff01
                cluster_type: in
                attribute: 0x0010
                value: "{{ ( trigger.to_state.state|float * 100 ) |int }}"

The thermostats ID is found in ZHA for each devices. Look for IEEE info for each device.
Try it and let me know

2 Likes

It works perfectly ! Merci Claude pour votre aide et disponibilitƩ.

To add to Claudeā€™s comment, @Sibro. You can also control the keypad lock through ZHA on cluster 0x0204, attribute 0x0001 with a value of 0x00(unlocked) or 0x01(locked). You can create a service call for it and also theoretically create a switch to lock and unlock the keypad.

Something liked this would lock the keypad.

- service: zha.set_zigbee_cluster_attribute
              data:
                ieee: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
                endpoint_id: 1
                cluster_id: 0x0204
                cluster_type: in
                attribute: 0x0001
                value: 0x01

Let me know if that helps.

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s awesome!

Any chance there is a way to change the time to 12 hour instead of 24 hour with ZHA?

Are these cluster/attribute/values documented anywhere?

Iā€™ll look into it, but there should be. What I do is I just look at the Smart Things driver for the clusters and values.

Maybe we should document it somewhere for the benefit of all.

• outside temperature:
    cluster_id: 0xff01
    attribute: 0x0010
    value: temperature oC * 100
  • lock keypad:
    attribute: 0x0001
    value: 0x01 lock, 0x00 unlock
  • backlight:
    cluster_id: 0x0201
    attribute: 0x0402
    value: 0x0000 on demand, 0x0001 always
  • temperature display:
    attribute: 0x0000
    value: 0 oC, 1 oF
  • occupancy status:
    attribute: 0x0400
    value: 0x01 occupy, 0x00 unoccupy
  • thermostat mode: off, heat
    attribute: 0x001C
    value: 0x00 off, 0x04 heat
1 Like

Great reverse engineering work ! Thanks.