Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

Hey Claude backlight isnt listed as an attribute: 0x0402 is there an update that’s need for it to show up in the GUI?

We will need to add it then. Let me check

1 Like

Claude, thank you so much for your work.

I’m interested in Sinopé products, but before ordering I’d like to be sure they can be integrated locally, without cloud access. I’m interested in the zigbee products VA4221ZB (Smart water valve) and RM3250ZB (Load controller 50 A).

Questions:

1. Are these already supported by ZHA?
  2. Do you confirm I can use my zigbee controller already used in HA for my zigbee devices and I don’t need their gateway?

Thanks a lot,

Alessandro

Sorry I was out this weekend. Yes you can use all the Sinopé zigbee devices in ZHA. I have VA4221ZB water valve and many leak sensor and RM3250ZB load controler connected to ZHA via Conbee II dongle and it work great. You don’t need the GT130.
The only difference is if you connect your water valve directly to Sinopé via the water leak app the leak sensor are connected directly to the valve. When there is a leak detected, the sensor send signal directly to the valve.
If you connect the valve via the GT130 you have to connect each leak sensor to the GT130 also and you will have to create an automation to close the valve when a sensor detect a leak
If you connect your valve and sensor to ZHA you will have to create an automation in HA to close the valve when a leak is detected by any sensor.
You can also create an automation to send alert when the valve or sensor battery are to low

Thanks a lot for the explanation Claude, I’d like to link the devices directly through ZHA and do all automations in HA, so it’s nice to know this is possible.

I was also thinking to get the flow meter device, that is attached to the valve directly, do you have that one too? do you see the values in HA?

I spoke with Sinopé and unfortunately the products are not yet sold in EU because of the certification process, they told me to check at the beginning of the year. But I prefer to wait, I really like the specs of their products.

Unfortunately I don’t have the flow meter but if the sensor works in zha the meeter should to.
Once you have it let me know. I’ll need the model number to add it to my gt130 custom component and some data to add it to zha.

Absolutely. As soon as they will make their products available in EU I’ll buy them and contact you so we can be sure they are integrated in ZHA.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Hi @claudegel ,

Latly I have been trying to go native with my Nortek USB key. When I try to add my dimmer DM2500ZB, I get unk_model unk_manifacturer when adding to zha. I can turn the light on/off but cannot dim. It’s not match with the zha quirk. Have you tried that?

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=1, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4508, maximum_buffer_size=71, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=43, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=43, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0104",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0002",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b05",
        "0xff01"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "unk_manufacturer",
  "model": "unk_model",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

I install zha quirks 0.0.61

[08:10:00] INFO: Remove old deps
[08:10:01] INFO: Install pypi modules into deps
[08:10:01] INFO: Installing python package 'zha-quirks==0.0.61'

Hi @vrouleau I have plenty of Sinopé light and dimmer on ZHA but I use a different USB dongle. I’m using ConbeeII Usb. Nortek is supported in ZHA but it is recommended to upgrade the EmberZNet NCP application firmware (https://github.com/walthowd/husbzb-firmware). Maybe it’s why you don’t detect perfectly your light and dimmer. Without the manufacturer and model the dimmer will behave like a switch.
This is what I have:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=1, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4508, maximum_buffer_size=71, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=43, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=43, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0101",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0002",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b05",
        "0xff01"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "Sinope Technologies",
  "model": "DM2500ZB",
  "class": "zhaquirks.sinope.light.SinopeDM2500ZB"
}

I’m on the ZHA that is installed with the latest HA version core-2021.9.7

1 Like

Merci, but it didn’t change. I’ve tested with a SW2500ZB and a SP2600ZB and those are properly reported. I ordered a ConBee II to see on a testbed HA. I prefer to stay on newview for the thermostat where speed is not an issue, but for the lights local is better

With Conbee II all of them work properly. If you manage your thermostats via ZHA you’ll be able to send local outside temperature to your thermostats. Neviweb use temperature data from Météo Média I think and send outside temperature once per hour. This is less accurate.

1 Like

Some people have reported that adding a one meter usb cord to place the dongle away from the raspberry pi will help to reduce interference and get better devices discovery.

1 Like

Hi Claude,

Is it a script or an automation?

I can run it manually as a service with the IEEE but I can’t find where to write you script.

Thanks!

Hi @vinz31 it is an automation. I’ve added in configuration.yaml the following line:
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automation/
Then I’ve created a directory named automation and in that directory I’ve created many .yaml files to store all my automations. One file is named auto_update.yaml and in it I have the following automation:

- alias: Heat-OutdoorTemp
    trigger:
      - platform: state
        entity_id: sensor.dark_sky_temperature
    variables:
      thermostats:
        - 50:0b:91:40:66:02:26:9t
        - 50:0b:91:40:06:02:26:24
    action:
      - repeat:
          count: "{{thermostats|length}}"
          sequence:
            - service: zha.set_zigbee_cluster_attribute
              data:
                ieee: "{{ thermostats[repeat.index-1] }}"
                endpoint_id: 1
                cluster_id: 0xff01
                cluster_type: in
                attribute: 0x0010
                value: "{{ ( trigger.to_state.state|float * 100 ) |int }}"

it will send outside temperature to thermostats in the list each time the outside temperature change on the Dark Sky for my city. Next step will be to send temperature from my own weather station this fall.

Hi Claude,

I’ve got a few TH1123WF at home. Reading your previous message, it looks like this model does not provide the powerwatt value. Can you confirm if there is a way to monitor power consumption as I would like to integrate it in Energy Monitoring.

Thanks!

If that thermostat report powerwatt value in Neviweb, it should be possible to have it in HA via my neviweb130 custom component. All wifi thermostats are supported in my neviweb130 and you don’t need the GT130 gateway for wifi thermostats. Attribut wattage is already supported in neviweb130.
I don’t have this model on hand to make some test but if you want to help, it is easy to find out how to get the data from Neviweb if it is there.

Thank you Claude! Merci :slight_smile:

Well I guess that’s no luck because powerwatt does not show in the attributes list. Is there a way to analyze the response from neviweb’s server?

Yes you just need to open debug console. In firefox it is ctrl shift E. This will split the display in two part. Neviweb on top and debug console at the bottom. Then in neviweb select your thermostat and click on the config button. You will see lots of lines in the console like get https://…
select the last line at the bottom of the console. It should be the request for your thermostat
Click on that line to open it and choose «response» on the horizontal menu.
You should see all parameters received for your thermostat. Look for powerwatt or wattage or something like this.
Once you get all the parameter post them
console1
This is for a floor thermostat

Unfortunately, the current load is not mentioned in the response. Only the detected load shows up. Thanks for the help anyway!
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.11.31 PM