Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

I’ve spent couple hours sniffing floor thermostats on zha and on gt130, for the cluster 0x0b04, electrical measurement, attribute 0x050b active power that normally show Watt is never used. Only attribute 0x050f apparent power report values in VA.
As for attribute RMS current that alway show few A even when idle, I can’t find much data for this attribute. I’m gonna ask Sinopé and let you know

2 Likes

I don’t know why but everything is now working. I didn’t change anything.
I had some power loss and rebooted everything since then.
I did some updates etc. and I also cleared my cache on my browser because I had issue with picture not refreshing (don’t think it’s relevant to this as node is directly on the server).

So thank you for the help

I’m happy that your back on track

Am I the only who have issues with my integration?

Yesterday, my “Environment Canada” wasn’t loading correctly. There was update on my HACS , so I also tried to updated them, but it was sort of slow.
So I rebooted my HA.
Since then, I can’t run the integration. After different reboot, i had configuration issue, i redownloaded version 1.4 (was at 1.5 and couldn’t update to 2.0 throw hacs). I am still running 2022.2.6 not the 2.9.
Environment Canada integration still has issues loading and is slow and I disabled it, because Hacs was waiting for it to load. It only solved some of the hacs issues for downloading updates etc…

This is the error I get but when I check my configuration it’s fine.
Any idea ? I didn’t try removing and reinstalling the integration yet.

Invalid config

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

* [neviweb130](https://github.com/claudegel/sinope-130)

Please check your config and [logs]

Based on my logs, I think the issue is with the python script or with the connection timeout with neviweb.

2022-02-27 07:45:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of neviweb130 is taking over 10 seconds.
2022-02-27 07:45:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component neviweb130
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 174, in _new_conn
conn = connection.create_connection(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 95, in create_connection
raise err
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 85, in create_connection
sock.connect(sa)
socket.timeout: timed out
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 703, in urlopen
httplib_response = self._make_request(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 386, in _make_request
self._validate_conn(conn)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 1040, in _validate_conn
conn.connect()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 358, in connect
conn = self._new_conn()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 179, in _new_conn
raise ConnectTimeoutError(
urllib3.exceptions.ConnectTimeoutError: (<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f1f8c41f340>, 'Connection to neviweb.com timed out. (connect timeout=30)')
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 440, in send
resp = conn.urlopen(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 785, in urlopen
retries = retries.increment(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 592, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='neviweb.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/device/248376/attribute?attributes=signature (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f1f8c41f340>, 'Connection to neviweb.com timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 249, in get_device_attributes
raw_res = requests.get(DEVICE_DATA_URL + str(device_id) +
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 75, in get
return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 529, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 645, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 507, in send
raise ConnectTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='neviweb.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/device/248376/attribute?attributes=signature (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f1f8c41f340>, 'Connection to neviweb.com timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 227, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 96, in setup
data = Neviweb130Data(hass_config[DOMAIN])
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 123, in __init__
self.neviweb130_client = Neviweb130Client(username, password, network)
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 150, in __init__
self.__get_gateway_data()
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 237, in __get_gateway_data
data = self.get_device_attributes(device["id"], [ATTR_SIGNATURE])
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb130/__init__.py", line 257, in get_device_attributes
raise PyNeviweb130Error("Cannot get device attributes", e)
custom_components.neviweb130.PyNeviweb130Error: ('Cannot get device attributes', ConnectTimeout(MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='neviweb.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/device/248376/attribute?attributes=signature (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f1f8c41f340>, 'Connection to neviweb.com timed out. (connect timeout=30)'))")))
2022-02-27 07:46:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: environment_canada
2022-02-27 07:47:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: environment_canada
2022-02-27 07:47:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.environment_canada] Unable to retrieve Environment Canada radar
2022-02-27 07:47:44 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.environment_canada] Unable to retrieve Environment Canada AQHI
2022-02-27 07:52:54 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.environment_canada] Timeout fetching environment_canada weather data
2022-02-27 08:03:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.analytics] Timeout sending analytics to https://analytics-api.home-assistant.io/v1

In case anyone else is having issue with it : I updated to 2022.2.9 and issue is solved.

Look like your connection with Neviweb is poor.

Connection to neviweb.com timed out

I got the same issue yesterday but today it’s back to normal. I think that Sinopé was doing some kind of update in there server. Not a good idea when we have a DR period.
Also the environment Canada is very slow and I’m close to removing it

The weather data is very poor. I’m using many different sources for weather data and at the same time the temperature goes from let say -11 to -19 oC depending of where come the data. I’ve few thermostats that show ToC data from Neviweb, other form Dark sky and other form local outside sensor with a large variation. Don’t know which one is the best. Outside sensor should be the best but it need to be located in a place where there is no heat buildup by sun or building. This is affecting my WAF a little :slight_smile:
What are you using as weather data sourcing ?

Using environment canada. It’s seems accurate but it’s slow.
I think it’s the “radar” that is slow but may be other data too. I like to see the radar to know better when snow or rain is coming exactly where I am and how much.

May be Sinope was doing some maintenance, and it happened sametime I was doing some update, not sure. This morning after updating my core to the last update, sinope was working. May be it’s just the timing and not the update.

Hello, I am new to HA.
I read the 1068 post, phew…
Mr. Claudegel you are an incredible source of info, thank you.
I use a zigbee outside for the temperature.
Will it be possible one day to recover the outside temperature with the GT130?? the outside temperature displayed on the thermostats?
Thanks very much

Welcome to HA. For the devices on the GT130, the outside temperature is sent directly to the thermostats at least once per hour. We cannot get this data from Neviweb. Sinopé get it from Météo Média I think. You can receive outside temperature and a lot of météo data specific to your region with many apps in HA.

• Dark Sky
  • Environment Canada
  • OpenWeatherMap
  • any temperature sensor for outside temperature that can send the data to HA. wifi, zigbee or other.

You can also buy the new MC3100ZB multi fonction controler for the sedna valve from Sinopé. It come with an imput for a local temperature sensor cable. This is what I do. I just connect a floor temperature sensor and pass the cable through the air exchanger tubing for outside air intake. No need to punch a hole to pass the wire.
Then in HA you can send this temperature to your Sinopé zigbee thermostat that are not connected to the Gt130 with the service from zha. You can also display it on the overview panel by creating a template sensor like this:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      outside_temp: ## from Dark sky
        friendly_name: "Température_extérieure"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('weather.dark_sky', 'temperature') }}"
      outdoor_temp:  ## from the MC3100ZB
        friendly_name: "Température_extérieure"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('switch.neviweb130_switch_mc3100zb', 'Extern_temperature') }}"

Hello. Thank you for your reply.
As already said, I am new to HA, I am registered with Éco sinopé and Hydro québec this week, as there is no event I do not know if I should use “eco_status or eco_power” to know when there will be an event that will to start.
A big thank you for what you do with Sinopé.
I will follow you religiously.
Good day to you.

If you are registered with Hydro Québec, They will send an email the day before DR period telling you when there will be a peak period. Morning 6 to 9 and/or afternoon 16 to 20 pm. You will have plenty of time to set your automations. You can also check around post #821 for information howto automate Hydro Quebec signal for the comming DR period.
For Éco Sinopé you need to have at least one device registered with it in order to receive eco_status signal about an hour before the DR period.
Managing the Hydro email is better to know when a DR is comming.

DM2500ZB “manufacturer”: “unk_manufacturer”, “model”: “unk_model”, solved.
The problem preventing good registration of DM2500ZB in ZHA that give unk_manufacturer and unk_model was caused by an update in Zigpy last summer. The code was changed few day ago and merged in next release of zigpy. Your DM2500ZP should work in ZHA.

I just push a new release for neviweb130 to add support for auxiliary heating in floor and wifi floor thermostats.
This could apply to low voltage thermostat also but I don’t have any to test. If somebody have a low voltage or wifi low voltage and have time to test if the parameter «auxHeatConfig» is available for those thermostats I’ll be able to add auxiliary heating control for low voltage thermostat also.

Pour la consommation d’énergie et le tracking dans le panel “energy” est-ce que je devrais utiliser le hourly_kwh_count ou le hourly_kwh ?
je suppose que c’est le hourly_kwh.

Dans l’information sur l’intégration, c’est incrit “hour_kwh”, il faudrait l’ajuster en conséquence.

Je trouve également bizzarre que mon hourly et daily count sont presque identique, et sur toutes mes unités.
Par exemple pour ma cuisine en fin de journée.
hourly_kwh_count: 423.658
daily_kwh_count: 423.541

Dans le code j’utilises hour_kwh mais ça met à jour l’attribut hourly_kwh. C’est seulement le hourly_kwh qui est visible comme attribut pour l’utilisateur. Si j’en ai oublié un quelques part seulement me dire où et je vais corriger.

La façon que ca fontionne est la suivante:
hourly_kwh calcule la consommation durant l’heure courante, probablement à chaque minutes, et à la fin de cette période d’une heure le total de hourly_kwh est aditionné aux totalisateur hourly_kwh_count et retombe à 0.
Donc on peut voir la variation durant l’heure courante et voir le totalisateur de la consommation jusqu’à la fin de l’heure précédente.
C’est la même chose pour daily_kwh_count qui est le total jusqu’à minuit hier alors que monthly_kwh_count est le total à la fin du mois précédent. Donc hourly_kwh_count sera toujours un peu plus haut que daily_kwh_count qui sera un peu plus haut que monthly_kwh_count. A moins bien sure que les totalisateurs soient remit à 0.

Pour les statistiques c’est préférable d’utiliser hourly_kwh_count qui change une fois par heure car le hourly_kwh augmente sans cesse pendant l’heure courante et retombe à 0 à la fin de la période. A condition naturellement que la demande soit là. Si ça chauffe pas ça consomme pas.

Appel a tous, je suis a terminer la mise a jour pour le chauffage auxiliaire des thermostats plancher et bas voltage. Si quelqu’un a un TH1400ZB ou un TH1400 WF j’aimerais avoir les valeurs disponible sur Neviweb pour le cycle de sortie auxiliaire. Pour les TH1400RF il y a: short, long5min, long10min, long15min, long20min, long25min et long30min. Est-ce la même chose pour les ZB et WF.

If anybody have a TH1400ZB or a TH1400WF i need the auxiliary cycle length list of options available. For the TH1400RF it is: short, long5min, long10min, long15min, long20min, long25min et long30min.
Is-it the same for both ZB and WF low voltage ?

Merci, thank you

Sur : GitHub - claudegel/sinope-1: Neviweb Custom Component for Home Assistant to manage devices connected via GT125

Track energy consumption in HA Energy dashboard

When energy attributes are available, it is possible to track energy consumption of individual devices in Home Assistant energy dashboard by creating a Template sensor

- sensor:
   - name: Kitchen energy usage
     unit_of_measurement: kWh
     device_class: energy
     state_class: total
     state: >
       {{ state_attr("climate.neviweb_climate_kitchen","hour_kwh") }}
1 Like

Thank you, i’ve checked in neviweb custom_component and there is only hour_kwh and today_kwh.
In neviweb130 custom_component you have access to hourly_kwh, daily_kwh and monthly_kwh and also hourly_kwh_count, daily_kwh_count and monthly_kwh_count.

Sorry, old miwi devices don’t support all 6 energy counter. I’ll do a release to set
hour_kwh → hourly_kwh and today_kwh → daily_kwh

I just push release 1.9.2 to fix this