Sinope Line Voltage Thermostats

Any chance that we can keep the discussion in English? I check this topic almost daily and I find it frustrating to have to translate each post. thanks.

Other people might have to translate from English to some other language. Why not use whatever language you can get support in.

I understand your point of view but this is an English forum. I have seen the request to keep the language to English on many other topics. Anyways no big deal, I don’t mean to rock the boat.

Claude – thanks for the reply.

At your suggestion, I’ve looked into zha-toolkit – it sounds like it does far more than I need, and I’ll need to learn all about HACS, etc.

Just to make sure you understand what I want to do:

Currently I can set (for example) the displayUnit attribute of my thermostat using a simple request to the HA REST api:

The request goes to http://hosta:8123/api/services/zha/set_zigbee_cluster_attribute
and the data is:

{ "ieee": "50:0b:91:40:XX:XX:XX:XX", "endpoint_id": "1", "cluster_type": "in", "cluster_id": "516", "attribute": "0", "value": "0" }

Is there really no way to read this attribute using a very similar REST request, without installing an add-on toolkit?

Obviously, it’s trivial to see what “displayunit” is set to, by simply looking at the thermostat. :wink:

For something more hidden, like mainCycleOutput, I have to scroll through the thermostat options. But honestly, I think it might still be easier to do that, than install zha-toolkit! :slight_smile:

paul

That’s my next project to have a custom component that can display and allow to change any parameter of a Sinopé devices. Like a lovelace card that can display a list of devices and allow to show for each device there attributes with possibility to change them as we need.

1 Like

I have
RM3500ZB - Firmware: 0x00020300
TH1123ZB - Firmware: 0x00060800
DM2500ZB - Firmware: 0x01030200
TH1300ZB – Firmware: 0x01010901
SW2500ZB - Firmware: 0x01030202
RM3250ZB - Firmware: 0x01020902

It would be great to have some reference from Sinopé to see if we are still up to date with the firmware of our devices when not connected to Neviweb

@fantangelo Yes ! no issue to continue in English :wink:

@claudegel Definitively… it’s frustrating - it shouldn’t ask them too much effort to publish OTA Firmwares … and would make their products more attractive…

I notice a slowness in the dimming on my DM2500ZB compare to the DM2550ZB which is really faster want to see if upgrade could be the solution to fix the DM2500ZB.

Just called Sinope support and they told me preparing an official ZHA drivers (Quirks) for their products which should be publish around next summer.

They still have no plan to work on opening upgrade out of their hub.

It’s a great news. I just don’t understand why they need 6 month to publish something that should take only few days to program.
As for the DM2500ZB those devices don’t use the same hardware as the DM2500ZB so I don’t think that an update of the firmware will improve the dimming.

If we keep pushing, Sinopé will have no choice to make a component for HA.

Hi sorry about the delay. crazy life at the moment.
I replaced the clime.py file like you asked.

Here’s the log output:

2023-01-12 16:44:49.802 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] neviweb: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 503, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 729, in async_device_update
await task
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/climate.py", line 641, in update
self._aux_heat = device_data[ATTR_AUX_CONFIG]
KeyError: 'auxOutputConfig'

OK let me check. Your device is a TH1500RF ?

OK pick the new climate.py and test please

Moving forward! Differend error! lol
And yes, its a TH1500RF

2023-01-12 18:42:04.638 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] neviweb: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 503, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 729, in async_device_update
await task
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/config/custom_components/neviweb/climate.py", line 643, in update
self._aux_wattage = device_data[ATTR_AUX_WATTAGE_OVERRIDE]
KeyError: 'auxWattageOverride'

Ok @BenRoc1979 test new climate.py

It’s working now!
Thank you!

OK I’ll make a new release today

Hello
I have a Sinopé SP2600ZB which works well except for “Summation delivered”. It shows 1000 times too high. A 100 W lamp will show a consumption of 100 kWh in 1 hour. Should be 100 Wh or 0.1 kWh.

I have installed sinope ZHA quirks as per doc. and they appear to be loaded.

Thermostats (TH1124ZB and TH1123ZB-G2) and Calypso switch (RM3500ZB) are Ok.

Any suggestion?

In the quirks the divider is allready applied for the SP2600ZB
Can you send the zigbee signature in ZHA for your SP2600ZB ?

Is that what you mean?

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4508, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=0, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0702",
        "0x0b04",
        "0x1000",
        "0xff01"