SIP client card, as intercom

ah cool, so if i change my password in the sip card to 1234 , i should see them as online in log file?
I also tried with password, but they were always offline

so with the new updates, we dont need the deviceID anymore?

If you use the add-on, no.

Thought about making a custom component / integration to add extensions as entities from your own pbx server. There are already some examples of this. So then you do not have to use the add-on to use the new card.

i prefer using the add-on :slight_smile:
is there also a option to enable debug in the configuration of the add-on , to debug sip for example? so we can see the debug output in the addon log ? or maybe in some output file?

its strange that i dont see those 2 people/users as online

Yes, I was already working on that. Debugging without it would be hard indeed. Log will be in the add-on logs.

What does your browser console say?

seeing some 503 services not responding, looks like its trying to contact the add-on, but not found

all are local connections

code 1006, Are you sure the certs are working?

yeah, i was able to browse to the 8089/ws website, and saw an valid certificate …
let me try reverting to the original

thats it, indeed

changed back to:
in http.conf

tlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.cert
tlsprivatekey=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.key
;tlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/fullchain.pem
;tlsprivatekey=/etc/asterisk/keys/privkey.pem

in sip.conf

dtlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.cert ; Tell Asterisk where your DTLS cert file is
;dtlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/fullchain.pem

those .pem files are coming from the duckdns add-on, and it works though…

oh wait, i think whats wrong , i didnt open port 8089 on router, and the SIP card was still pointin to an IP address instead of the duckdns domain , therefore the certificate is propably invalid …!!

i need to open and let 8089 open on router … is the websocket open for hackers? especially with the easy passwords for now?

You are using secure websocket (wss), so I don’t think that’s a problem. But I still recommend searching online, I am not a security expert.

I also use duckdns, so maybe I will try using those certs as well. Thanks! :slight_smile:

ok, working now, pointing to duckdns in lovelace cardd with valid certficates now
should be easier later for companion app

thnx again!!

Nice! Using the duckdns certs is a great solution for now.

1 Like

whats also nice for future…
on incoming call => use the companion notification to , then use the clickaction to maybe if possible pickup the call … i use now the clickactions togo directly to the lovelace view containing my cameras

edit: i think it should be possible if we have an entity? would be nice
=> on incoming call => show android / ios notification => clickaction => show entity to pickup and start the call :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great idea, skips the need to have another sip program on our phone to receive a call from doorbell ect

1 Like

btw, who is familiar with freepbx/asterisk ?
Have a question , i have a door intercom , it sends early media (video) with 183 session
If i call a single sip extension , i use linphone for example, i can see early video before i pickup
But, if i call a ringgroup, there is no early video, probably not default possible ‘1 thread’ maybe
Must be possible by chaging things, but i have no clue how :slight_smile:

hey @TECHFox , exams passed? :slight_smile:

Yes I did! :smiley:

Been working on the add-on and new card. Sadly I still couldn’t get calling to work with the add-on. :frowning:

I don’t really know what the problem is, but I suspect it has something to do with the ports or address of the websocket extensions… Because it is in a docker container.

But as a workaround I was thinking to make a integration/component to connect to a existing asterisk server. This way you can also use your own server and still have to extra functinalities with the entities.

The integration could also make the websocket extensions, so people don’t have to do that. Since that can be quite hard. I can use a lot of code from the add-on for this.

What do you think? Can also make a preconfigured image of freepbx with the code of my add-on, so people don’t even have to open freepbx. If you have another idea, please let me know.

Did also make progress with the new card. DTMF signals are working. Couldn’t use a service like you asked because services are server side, and this is needed on the client.

1 Like

Well, i don’t think you need to make a image, as long as the readme is good enough to make the extension…
Maybe a readme for asterisk and for FreePBX users?

I would make it optional to create the websocket exensions, somekind of manual or auto mode…
I still think there are many people that want to have full control…

There is also another asterisk add-on for HA, maybe we can use that one? Did you have a look? Maybe you can see what’s wrong with the pors? Because having an add-on would be the best solutions, especially for people who don’t have virtual systems :slight_smile:

Ah, and well done on exams!! Been a long time for me :wink:

For the sip card, do you think you can access your sip card from an action by the companion app? That would be perfect… So if we have an incoming call > popup a push notifications (companion app) , then from within they notifications, there are possiblities to create actions… Would be great if we could accept the call as somekind of action…

I know there is a possibility to direct access the view, but then you still need another click to answer the call