SIP client card, as intercom

Congrats on finishing exams.

I agree that if getting the ports working is too difficult then using a seperate asterisk instance seems like the straight forward solution. Having an image would be nice but I agree with pergola that the best option would be to either use the existing addon or create another with the right settings as this will work for everyone. But I guess these are still in docker and therefore have the same port issue?

Maybe a workaround for the ports issue, is to change the network setting? So the docker gets the IP from the router? And not some ip from the host? So everythng is exposed directly on the local LAN?

Maybe we will issues too when we register other SIP clients in future, thisā€¦ Running it directly on the network will eliminate that issue too

here is btw the other asterisk addon , its not default included in hacs

maybe that asterisk addon works?

Thx!

The integration could also make the extensions for you. The only thing to do is to enable the API connection.

I agree with making the websocket extensions optional. I also did this with the add-on.

I did look at Hassio-Addons/asterisk at master Ā· Poeschl/Hassio-Addons (github.com). This one sadly does not have websocket, https or rtp. And yes a add-on is indeed the best solution i think, so easy to setupā€¦

A action with a notification is a good idea, I will try that.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

A add-on would be the best option, but Asterisk requires a lot of ports and networking and docker is causing problems with thatā€¦

1 Like

That could work. I will try that.

But even if the add-on works, I still think a integration is a good idea. With that people can also use their own Asterisk server. And I can make a device with all the entities in there.

But if I can get the add-on working, I will first focus on that of course. :slight_smile:

Indeed ,add-on is the most important one :slight_smile:

Did you try changing config so I gets an IP from router?
What do you need to change in the config.json for that?

I also setup my first local addon last week, but it didnā€™t get an IP address

I set host_network to true, and now it does connect to the other client and makes a call. But no audio.

Almost.

Try TCP instead of UDPā€¦

But audio issues should be visible in the logs no? Do you have a auto disconnect after 30 sec?

No, thats the weird part. I see the connection on both clients, and Asterisk doesnā€™t say anything after the called client picks up. I will try TCP.

Nice work on this its still early but already looking great - Iā€™d been looking for something like this for ages!

Is the issue only present if you use the sip lovelace card? What if you test with some softphone client? Like linphone , do you have audio then?

Can you maybe update the add-on on hacs? Maybe as beta tagā€¦ Then I can test too with your last version

Can you also install openssh on your docker? Since it now loads on the host network, is usefull to enter the terminal to debug

I tested with the card and a test page (also in the HA-SIP repo). And it did work with my FreePBX server.

Pushed a test to the repo. It launches Asterisk in console mode so it doesnā€™t make entities for this test. And there is a weird thing were you get a lot of whitespace in the consoleā€¦

Couldnā€™t get ssh working in docker. HA does something with it, since it does work in my test VM.

Thanks! Hope we can get the add-on working soon.

Just updated , not debugged yet, but my CPU load was continue 99% ?? Had to shutdown the dockerā€¦
I also noticed no new DHCP IP lease on local network? It it still getting an IP address from hassio 172.x?

CPU load is weird, with me it was 25% max. The docker now uses the host network, it doesnā€™t get its own ip. I dont think that is possible with HA.

Ah ok, gonna revert tomorrow to the older release to see how CPU behaves

Also 25 is highā€¦ Al my addons and HA together is like 5%