SIP client card, as intercom

Are you using chan_sip with Transport: All - WSS Primary?

omg, i missed that only option!
it works now! :slight_smile: much apprciated

allthough, seems i only have one way audio somehow, cant hear audio when i pickup, seems also not witj my other test sip client, something probably in freepbx

anyway; if i call now extension 2003 as registered in HA, its not possible for now to actually pickup right?

have you tried it from an adroid chrome browser? if i goto same url, always get :frowning:

2	[2021-10-15 14:55:03] ERROR[4364] iostream.c: Problem setting up ssl connection: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1), Internal SSL error	
3	[2021-10-15 14:55:03] ERROR[4364] tcptls.c: Unable to set up ssl connection with peer '192.168.0.168:38784'	
4	[2021-10-15 14:55:03] ERROR[4364] iostream.c: SSL_shutdown() failed: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1), Internal SSL error

when i do from chrome browser on notebook, it works

strange

both devices on local lan

Also, is there an easy way to obtain the device id? When I use the HA companion app, I don’t know the id?

Great to hear that it works, but that one way audio is strange. Did you accept HA to use your mic? Check your browser log for errors.

What do you mean with its not possible for now to actually pickup?

I have not tried it with an android chrome browser. But i think it should, do you see a button with you, indicating that it has a valid client?
Did you also accept the certificate by going to https://<ip_of_pbx_server>:8089/ws?

To see the deviceID, you could go to lights and look for a active browser light. If you turn it off and your device turns black, thats the device.

That’s probably it, the certificate, ok, no warning issue anymore on chrome on Android…

But what do you mean by an active browser light? Where can I see that? Want to make it work too with companion app, not sure if it uses a “browser”

browser_mod makes a light for each device.

In HA, go to developer tools and in entity type light.browser.

Ah ok, will have a look later, thnx for all the help and the nice card!
Much appreciated

btw

the first time going to this page : https://<ip_of_pbx_server>:8089/ws ?

why is that needed?
when i first visit the lovelace page on i get indeed an connect error, if i then go to the page above , its gone…
but on HA companion app, the connect error stays there, not sure how i can browse to that page from HA companion app?

Another question, about device ID, will this be easier in te future? so it can be setup somewhere in config? so its always configured the right way on every browser/app ?

1 Like

The browser needs to accept the certificate. I think because it is a self-signed certificate. In will try to improve it.

But haven’t thought about that in the HA companion app, that is a problem…

In the future i want to make a add-on for all of this. So HA will run and configure Asterisk, so all the user has to do is add a card and select the clients you want on to include.

For now you can also add ?deviceID=yourDeviceID to the URL of your HA, to set the deviceID to something more “user friendly”.

I now have a week off so I will work on it and add some features. If you have any idea’s, let me know.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll keep on testing it, already great, too bad tough because of companion app , but will be fixed in future :slight_smile:

Really great, finally we can use HA as intercom!..

Great job, have a nice weekend

1 Like

Thx, you too! :smile:

I tried setting this up and failed …also it eats a bunch of ressources…will you make an add-on for raspberry and x86? I’m highly interested in this …this would allow me to make internal calls and build an advanced doorbell.will video be added also ? Browser mod can create cameras too .nice work but for the moment nothing for me to setup.

Maybe you can add users automatically according to hass users ? That’s would make this add-on 100% . Like this it’d just add users automatically and user just adds card

Yes, add-on would be nice, or a custom component, so it stays registered

Great job

Some progress on this project.

I am working on a Asterisk add-on. This should make the asterisk server and create a extension for each device or hass user (havent decided which yet, thx thundergreen for the user idea)

Already succesfully created the add-on and connected to it with websocket.

Nextup i will have to make a integration to add entities for each extension to call. Then the user only has to add the card and choose the extensions. For your own devices, you will be able to add them in the configuration of the add-on.

I will also change the card and add DTMF signals and video support next.

If you have any suggestions, especially for the card layout / style, let me know please.

5 Likes

Gonna try today… Why make an add-on and not a custom component ? Whata the advantage?

Idea maybe a workaround for the deviceidi for the HA clients? Als support for companion app then , if device is not needed any more? Or the https one click requirement?

The Asterisk server needs to be running 24/7 and requires some ports, easy configuration and a log when adding your own devices. Thats why i use a add-on. Supervisor makes it very simple.

With this you wont have to mess around with adding clients and check the deviceID, the add-on does all that for you.

I will try to support the companion app. If it works by requesting the url with javascript.

Ah ok… Is the add-on already online for testing?

1 Like

Not yet, when I have added most of the essential features i will.

Maybe near the end of the week. I will announce it here.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it’, great job!!