SIP client card, as intercom

great news, very handy!
thanks

Yeah, finally early video on ring groups :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Fabio will start setting it up soon.
I have a vto from dahua
What do you have?

Hi @TECHFox what an amazing project. Canā€™t wait for the Asterix addin.
I am not very good with Astrix, but my extensions have been created as PJSip for my doorbell, I noticed you are using Chan Sip. Should I change all my extensions to Chan sip? I read somewhare PJSip is the future?
Kind regards Mark

1 Like

I have intercon from hikvision

I am using chan_sip for the self created extensions (the clients in home assistant self) because pjsip didnā€™t work with websocket. For your own devices like doorbells you will be able to use both pjsip or chan_sip.

1 Like

Ok, so only the extension for HA (register) must be chansip then

Feature reauest for the DTMF, so to make it also a service call in HA? Instead of just a button on the Lovelace cardā€¦ Or if not possible as a service, to make a lock on thelovelace button , so you need todo a double click, so that doors are not opened by accident

Good idea, will try.

service would be easier maybe? that way we can just lock our ā€œlovelace buttonā€ card, and place it where we want :slight_smile:

Hello. As Iā€™m really a big fan of this add-on I propose to beta test if you want .my goal is to use this platform also as our home phone . Sip is installed in our firmware of our phones .like this Iā€™d like to combine the use oit inside as well as outside the house for communication. The last time I installed asterisk it ate my whole performance of my server . Will this add-on be minimised to the absolute requirement to save CPU and ram usage ? Iā€™m running home assistant on an Intel nuc older version .

yeah probably, its not a server, its just addon to make a registration on your asterisk

I thought you want to integrate asterisk in the add-on ?

no, dont think he is going to create an asterisk addon, that already excist, this addon is just to register an extenstion, so it the card will get the information from the add-on

Can you point me to the asterisk add-on ?

I am making a Asterisk server, this add-on makes the server and extensions for every person entity. Then it will make a entity for every extension (including custom extensions) and update the state (online / offline)

Performance wise, its quite good.
On my setup (running HA on raspberry pi 3b+) CPU is around 25% when starting up (creating certificate, setting up Asterisk etc) But after about a minute its 0-2%

Ah ok, so we donā€™t need an FreePBX Running anymore? Ok even better then :wink:

I already saw you posted an add-on on GitHubā€¦

Are you making 2 versions maybe? One full add-on and on card wfor users running FreePBX?

I made the other repo for developing/testing the new card for the add-on. Once that one is done I may update the other standalone (for your own pbx server) with the new features.

So yes, if I can the standalone card will still be available.

I prefer the full add-on with asterisk :-). Donā€™t need a separate VM then running an FreePBX

I agreeā€¦ server plus integration / lovelace card. and we are ready to go :slight_smile: Any will to have testers? would like to test a bit :slight_smile: