SIP Doorbell

Hi, i have made new SIP Doorbell custom card, you can try it

2 Likes

Was wondering if you have tried this on an iOS iphone/ipad?

Yes, itā€™s working - i have ipad as hass control pannel in my house

1 Like

Wow that is what I have been waiting on for a long time.
Can you please explain how to install it?
Thanks
Mark

can you please describe your component or provide some more info/guidelines?
thanks

Thanks for this :slight_smile:
I actually got this to work functionally (i.e. I can place a call successfully to my video doorbell) on both my iPAD HA App as well as Chrome/Windows10.

Media Permission
My first attempts, using on Chrome on Windows10 desktop which only has a microphone (no video), I got Media permission errors. The audio permission was enabled correctly, but apparently it was the video failing as there is no video.
To solve this I had to change two lines:

opt:{
          mediaConstraints:{
            audio:true,
            video:false

and

navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia({
      audio:true,
      video:false

Perhaps browser video media can be a configurable item?

Presentation
The part I could use some help fixing/improving is the presentation on the card. The Icons are displayed great!. However the video and the Nidum icon most of the times are barely visible on both Chrome/Windows and iPad/HA-App.
This is an area Iā€™m simply not an expert on, but what I can see via Chrome Inspect is that the ā€œarenaā€ height is only a few px. There are a few times where the ā€œarenaā€ height is the same height as the card and I think this is what its suppose to be, but again this doesnā€™t happen very often.

When the arena does operate properly, the phone icon is kinda in the middle of the video and obstructs some of the view. Would it be possible to move the phone icon below the video?

Anyway, very happy that I can make a two-way call on my iPad now, so thanks!

Wow, this is amazing. All working very well. What I would like to add it a way to trigger automations in Hassio. Ie trigger hassio to change screens when the number is called. Do you have any suggestions for me.

can you please explain more on the installation or describe this projectā€™s purpose?
I canā€™t find any description anywhere
thanks

Hi @katsaplias It took me a little to work it out. Do you have SIp server running?
If so you just need to copy the files to your WWW directory and add the following to your Lovelace card.
I found this at the start of the JS code.

/*
 * type: custom:sip-doorbell
 * server:
 *   sip:
 *     url: wss://sip.domain.tld:8443/ws
 *     username: [email protected]
 *     credential: secret
 *   ice:
 *     - urls: stun:sip.domain.tld
 *     - urls: turn:sip.domain.tld
 *       username: [email protected]
 *       credential: secret
 * access:
 *   - key: 1#
 *     icon: mdi:door
 *   - key: 2#
 *     icon: mdi:gate
 * camera: camera.doorbell
 * remote: [email protected]
 */

thanks,
I will try to configure my Dahua VTO doorbell
it is very odd that there is no installation instructions for this repo
I will also try this new SIP component :

1 Like

How to add to homeassistant?

1 Like

HI Mark, This looks like itā€™s going to work perfectly for me need some help setting up though, any guidance you can share would be awesome

This is what I have done, but getting some weird errors

Copied Content from Github to my www directory (both Module and Vendor folder and their content)
I added both to resources in Lovelace
and then restarted and added the card content above matching my server and extension details

I am running a local Grandstream PBX, so I used that IP address instead of sip.domain.tld

What Iā€™m not sure about is the ICE settings, can you share what should go in there for me, please

actual error is ā€œCannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜digestā€™)ā€

Many Thanks
Diviesh

Hi Divesh,
I am not using ICE. I think it is for remote access.
I think you need to update Remote: to [email protected] or whatever extension the door station is.

I am using FQN not IP address.
Regards
Mark

Hi @Mark53,

Made the changes as suggested, I just canā€™t seem to get past this error ā€œCannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜digestā€™)ā€

Any ideas about what it could be?

Many Thanks
Diviesh

I just tried changing my FQN to IP address and I get a websocket error. Can you please post your error messages so I can see the full detail.
Also are you able to try a FQN?

Hi @Mark53
I have got further i think my first issue was my HA, which was running local unsecured i.e. http://192.168.201.110:8123 (i have changed this to https://) and now see the nidum logo, but still cant get it to register an extensions

I think the Grandstream UCM6202 PBX I have on-site doesnā€™t support wss:// only ws://, so not sure if thatā€™s causing a problem, Iā€™m going to call Grandstream today and try to find out what they can do.

If you can think of anything that would help that would be awesome. I will keep battling away, but Iā€™m stressing a little as i need to get this done with thin the next 48 hours, and havenā€™t a clue where to look. :blush:

Many Thanks
Diviesh

1 Like

Are you using Chrome or an app to see the card? If Chrome, please hit f12 and post the log.

Hi @Mark53

Thank you for your reply

I think my initial thoughts were right, doesnā€™t like non-secure WebSockets :frowning: Looks like I either need to change my PBX or look at installing the asterisk on a new HA unit, one that is accessible from all the units

I have 14 units, and 3 intercom that need to connect to it

jssip.js:9 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://192.168.16.216:8123/lovelace/default?edit=1' was loaded over HTTPS, but attempted to connect to the insecure WebSocket endpoint 'ws://192.168.1.162:8088/ws'. This request has been blocked; this endpoint must be available over WSS.

I donā€™t suppose you can recommend a quick Asterix setup, that wonā€™t take too much effort to setup :slight_smile:

Many Thanks
Diviesh

I still think you need a FQN.
I am using Astersix in HA, it works great for me.

HI divieshm,
Iā€™m trying to add the resorces to but I have some problems.
Could you tell me the exact path you added?
here my config:

tks