Siri & Homekit IOS 15.4

Since the IOS update I can’t control my cover :

Does anyone have this issue too ?
Can it be the implementation of homebridge in HA that have a bug ?
Thanks

4 Likes

Same Issue here … you are not alone….

For Now I can tell Siri : “Set my cover position to 100%” (French traduction) this is working. But it does not understand open or close.
Idem for Climate.
I have to say : “Set temperature of the heater at 20°” instead of “Set heater to 20°”
I thing it a mapping in homebridge with the available action of a device.
It seems having some change in the last version :
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/homekit?language=objc&changes=latest_minor

Not only curtain cannot open/close,
I have some TUYA switch exported to homekit via hass, now siri doesnt know how to open/close as well.

both ios 15.4 and audioOS 15.4 have same issue.
not only cover ,some special name light siri can’t recognize too.

downgrade to 15.3 ASAP.

1 Like

Same here. I cannot control my blinds and ceiling lights after upgrading my HomePods to iOS 15.4 while my iPad with iOS 15.3 is still working fine.

1 Like

List of #siri #homekit #ios154 issues reported on the internet:

1 Like

Great, so this might be related…

I can confirm I have the same issue running the latest 2022.3.7 HA.

I’ve been experimenting using the information shared in the posts below, and I have developed the following syntax. It covers most use cases save for a direction to Siri to open/close/position all the cover entities in a given HomeKit room.

The grammar needs to be sensical, but you can exclude prepositions that add nothing to the intent of your request. E.g., “of” is unnecessary, but it may feel more natural to speak conversationally rather than in broken English (in these examples).

Notwithstanding the preexisting knowledge of posters in this thread, for clarity, it’s worthy to note your device names must be clear and sufficiently unique. Hence, Siri isn’t easily confused, or HomeKit configuration rejects your name entirely.

I have had mixed results dropping, for instance, the noun “blind” from a cover name called “Downstairs Bedroom Blind”. The processing engine borks when you’ve n+1 entities with the same prefix but slightly different suffixes, e.g.,

• Bedroom Blind 1
  • Bedroom Blind 2

“Blind 1” is excessive syntax wise since Siri knows it’s a shade or blind, but as names need to be unique, you couldn’t have “Bedroom 1”. In my case, it would collide with the lighting nomenclature I’ve adopted.

- SET POSITION of ALL SHADES to (OPEN|CLOSED|[1-99]%)
- SET POSITION of <entire friendly name> SHADES to (OPEN|CLOSED|[1-99]%)
- SET the POSITION of ALL the <room name> SHADES to (OPEN|CLOSED|[1-99]%)

The noun You can replace “shades” with “blinds”, albeit I have had mixed results as the name of my entities contains the noun “blind(s)”.

I have to sometimes be explicit with the entity name for the syntax to be recognised which is very awkward so I have adopted “shades” instead of “blinds”.

The first example below avoids the second example bestowing you with a speech impediment.

1. SET POSITION of BEDROOM BLIND 2 SHADES to OPEN
  2. SET POSITION of BEDROOM BLIND 2 BLIND to OPEN

Side note, does anyone else observe that the syntax is suspiciously SQL-like? Owing to Apple’s use of SQLite for on-device storage and given the liberty to make a broad assumption, perhaps that’s the best way to think about Siri syntax for the moment?

My original post is here.

ios 15.4.1 fixed the problem finally!

2 Likes

Problem still existing for thermostats now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes an Apple Watch has still all the issues, despite the update.

1 Like

FYI I’ve updated to ios 15.5 and watchos 8.6 and I can now open my garage cover again via siri on apple watch.