Siri shortcut to change input_select option

Cant figure out what I am doing wrong here. I haven’t been able to find any specific examples of populating an input_select helper from siri shortcuts so I cant be sure of the data syntax.

I set up this exact scenario, but didn’t use the Shortcuts. I used the “Actions” inside the iOS companion app, one action for each mode. I’ve got “Working”, “Not Working”, “In Meeting” modes for my office. That controls the color of the LED light outside my office door at home.

In the Companion App, I created three separate actions, one for each meeting mode.

Then, I added the grouped home assistant widget to my home screen and then "Choose"d those three actions

…and finally, that group button on my “Work” home screen has my options.

The only downside is that when I click one of those buttons, it indeed calls the action but also launches the home assistant app. Not a big deal, but I wish it didn’t do that.

Thanks I’ll look into this. I was hoping to change my office mode just by saying “hey siri” and the desired mode. Hands free

I messed around with this one for a while. Check out my image and see if you can get it to work.

1 Like

I think you forgot to reference the dictionary in the ‘call service’ , ‘service data’ section. Check out my screen shot.

This worked great! thanks. I must have been getting my JSON formatting wrong. To reply to your other message, I did have Dictionary referenced in the HA data but through my iterations, I uploaded the wrong screenshot.

1 Like

I am glad it is working for you now! :slight_smile: