Sisyphus Integration: Improve Control Capabilities

Sisyphus - Home Assistant works as expected, with one notable exception.
Light and animation (media) controls are presently, inextricably entwined.
Specifically, the light does not control the Sisyphus light alone, but in on/off use cases, causes the Sisyphus animation to start/stop, in addition to controlling the light. Similarly, the media control to start/stop the animation also turns on/off the light,
Whilst I appreciate that this provides some ease of use, this is decidedly suboptimal for my installation.
In so far as, during daytime, my Sisyphus is in a reasonably well lit location, hence having the table lighting on when the table is drawing is superfluous and not desired.
I would like to be able to independently control the table lighting, separately to the animation.
Hence this feature request.
I’m thinking if we could have a new, optional boolean configuration value for each table for integratedcontrols, defaulted to true unless as specified otherwise, this could be used to determine whether existing behaviours are preserved or whether when false instead, the light control is able to be used to control the table light only (so turning it on/off does not affect the animation playing) and the media control is used to control the animation only (so turning it on/off does not affect the light).
Your kind consideration is appreciated. :slight_smile:

There’s already a request for this from me: Sisyphus Integration: Add Dynamic Light Control. I’m going to vote for yours too. Draco has done some other really great LED work and I’m hoping we can get his attention to give this integration a little love. I know it’s a super low runner but it’s so close to being useful.

I am pausing/playing/adjusting speed based on motion in the room and adjusting the brightness according to ambient light, and turning it off at night but that’s about all I can do with it. Would love to be able to call the animations or at the very least, turn it red at night.

Also, vote on your own request. It doesn’t auto vote for you when you enter a feature request.

Thanks for the post mate - have voted for both.
Agree that your feature suggestion would add some considerable value too.