Sisyphus Integration: Add Dynamic Light Control

Core integration Sisyphus has basic light on/off and dimmer capabilities. Requesting ability to select color and 7 “lighting modes” which I equate to a light effects and are standard across all users. The light is an RGBW strip controlled by a RPI.

I know this code was originally done by a generous user and now this code is wrapped into HA Core so I’m not sure HA is really incentivized to take the code further. The rest of the integration works fine and solves all the needs. Ability to change color/effect is the only thing missing. I know very few people have one of these things and I’m fully willing to provide logging to help flesh out this functionality. A pretty savvy user could probably take an easy crack at this.

Is this integration still working for you? I had it set up and working fine for ages but now it’s stopped, and I’m wondering if it’s due to Home Assistant or something else.

My HA dashboard widgets for my Sisyphus table just say “unavailable.” I confirmed the IP address hasn’t changed and it’s set up properly in configuration.yaml. I’m now on Home Assistant 2023.6.0b5. And the latest Sisyphus firmware too: 1.12.17. Not sure what else I can try to troubleshoot? But figured I’d ask another user before ripping more hair out :slight_smile:

Yes it’s working (I just checked). I have automations that turn it on/off when I enter /leave a room so it would be noticeable of it stopped working. In fact I just migrated it to a new home assistant instance about a month ago. I’ve never had problems with this integration with the exception that I can’t change light color.

Hmm, thanks for that feedback. It’s so strange. All of my other devices are working fine. I have a few dozen of them. It’s just the Sisyphus that reports now as “not available,” even though the IP address is statically assigned and the Sisyphus app itself still works fine.

I haven’t changed anything other than updating Home Assistant as usual, this is the latest version of every component. Are you on the latest too? If not, you may want to hold off on updates. I wonder if something new broke this?

Home Assistant 2023.6.0b6
Supervisor 2023.06.1
Operating System 10.2
Frontend 20230606.0 - latest

Aside from this, I don’t know what else to troubleshoot. But thanks for the reply anyway…

I’m always on the newest with the exception for the last month or so I am NOT on the beta channel. I just rebuilt a Home Assistant yellow from the ground up but had no issues with my old setup. Static ip would’ve been the next troubleshooting step I would offer and you’ve done that.

Thanks for the feedback. Turns out it is an issue with the beta after all, so you’re wise to hold off:

Hopefully the integtration can get improvements someday, color control would be super cool.