Skoda Connect

Prefect answer… sorry for my ignorance. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the window sensors are inverted.
The windows are all closed (Stängd) on the car, but the sensors state them as open (Öppet).
Any ideas why?

Strange, on my car (Superb iV) the state is correct.

1 Like

Just installed the Integration. Works really well, but have some queries

1. Not sure if it’s documented, but the I couldn’t get the integration to install until after I had installed the libxml2 and libxslt packages

2. The Ad Blue level shows as unavailable. Is there any way to check whether this data should be visible ? Note that in the Skoda Connect App, it shows as “OK” (for the status). There isn’t a mileage amount listed

3. Finally, have the following errors show up in the Log. Not sure if these are issues, or just something specific to my install

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/skodaconnect/sensor.py:27
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:09:52 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:09:52

Error adding entities for domain sensor with platform skodaconnect
Error while setting up skodaconnect platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 315, in async_add_entities
    await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 506, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.add_to_platform_finish()
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 531, in add_to_platform_finish
    self.async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 296, in async_write_ha_state
    self._async_write_ha_state()
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 320, in _async_write_ha_state
    sstate = self.state
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/skodaconnect/sensor.py", line 27, in state
    return self.instrument.state
  File "/usr/local/share/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/skodaconnect/dashboard.py", line 116, in state
    return int(round(val / 1.609344))
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'str' and 'float'

Is it installed manually or via HACS? Which version of Home assistant?
It might be missing dependencies but haven’t noticed om clean Home Assistant core install.

If you have a diesel car with adblue level in your car it should show correct value.
If it doesn’t and it should then I would like a full debug log for troubleshooting.

See 2. The value returned for a sensor seems to be a string value instead of expected integer.

Is it installed manually or via HACS? Which version of Home assistant?
It might be missing dependencies but haven’t noticed om clean Home Assistant core install.

Installed via HACS. Version is core-2021.2.1, running in a TrueNAS jail (FreeBSD). Installation was via the process detailed in the link here

Works fine now I’ve installed the additional libraries.

If you have a diesel car with adblue level in your car it should show correct value.
If it doesn’t and it should then I would like a full debug log for troubleshooting.

Above is a screenshot from the Skoda Connect website, which doesn’t show a value, just an “OK”. I’ll message you a full debug log once I’ve pulled it.

I have checked my environment and I have neither of those packages (python).
Or is this OS packages?

Under the OS. (ie run pkg install libxml2)

I’ve done some more digging and it appears that the libxml2 package becomes obsolete if you update Pip (which happened whilst I was updating another OS related component). Basically, that issue is my fault, not the integrations :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this integration. I used to have pre-heating working for my wife’s electric Citigo. This was very useful because she could just ask Alexa to pre-heat her car before she left. Now with the new update and the removal of the climate. entity I can’t figure out how to do this anymore. Can anyone help me with this?

There’s a switch that should be named ‘switch.<car_name>_electric_climatisation’.
The climate entity was removed because it didn’t work well with the way the integration is written. It might return in a later version.

Thanks for the quick response, for some reason the requests keep failing. I’ll try again later.

If it fails, try to force refresh data first (switch.<vehicle_name>_force_data_refresh). Sometimes it helps if there’s a problem with the connection to the car.

If it works in the app though, there might be something broken. In that case you can enable debugging and send the log to me and I’ll take a look.

If anyone with a BEV is using this (@realmadridsi) I would love a full debug log with ‘response_debug: true’ in configuration.yaml.
It would help me to configure the “set max current” service call.
Does the BEV’s allow changing the maximum charger current in the app? Or in the car? If so, what levels are available?

Where do I put ‘response_debug: true’? under the skodaconnect in the configuration file?

In the app I’m able to set ‘Maximum grid load’ to ‘MAX’ or ‘Reduced’ as far as I know this is the only thing I can change in the app regarding charging.

Yes exactly like that.

OK, then it might be same values as for PHEV but I need to make sure.

The debug log will probably be quite large. Review it, search+replace sensitive info, and then please email it to me.

Just picked up a Skoda Superb IV and ive installed the HACS file and added the config in the. yaml fil But when im checking the config befor restart it don’t say either great or some error

skodaconnect:
username: [email protected]
password: XX
spin: XXXX
scandinavian_miles: false
scan_interval:
minutes: 1
No bad indentations either

I’m not sure what you mean.
The config looks fine if your indentation is correct:

skodaconnect:
  username: [email protected]
  password: XX
  spin: XXXX
  scandinavian_miles: false
  scan_interval:
    minutes: 1

Where can I find the debug log file?

In your Home Assistant config directory:

/home/<homeassistant_user>/.homeassistant/home-assistant.log

Or in GUI, Configuration → Logs and press the button at the bottom to load the complete log file.

So it should be added to the standard HA log file? Because I don’t see any entries from skoda connect.