Skoda Connect

Nice work, Farfar!

Would you mind sharing your png-files for the car, I am struggeling with the charge cable.

Allt gott från Småland!

Thank you!
I’m not sure if I want to share them since they are so crappy. With light background you can see how poorly I’ve drawn the charging cable :sweat_smile:

I overlay the images on top of the car base image.
Window heating on:

Charger connected:

Charging:

Haha, sweet, thanks, that did the trick! I have a black on black car so light background doesn’t matter.

Thanks for a great integration, works great!

If anyone needs it, here is a charging-gif based on Farfar’s png image:

1 Like

Just a heads-up… :slightly_smiling_face:
“No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘skodaconnect’. This will not be allowed in a future version of Home Assistant. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘skodaconnect’”

1 Like

Hey hello!

I think I’m doing something wrong. I installed the Skoda Connect integration via HACS (v.1.0.37) > restarted afterwards, then I need to fill in the following in my configration.yaml.

Configuratie SkodaConnect

skodaconnect:
username: username
password: password
spin: spin
scandinavian_miles: false
scan_interval:
minutes: 1
name:
vin: ‘name’

When I check the Configuration Validation it’s mentioning: Component error: skodaconnect - Integration ‘skodaconnect’ not found. And I’m not sure which step i’m missing here.

Anyone able to help? I place this text under my home assistant yaml.

More logs:

Hello.
It seems your Home Assistant haven’t been able to install the skodaconnect library from pip for some reaseon. I have pushed a new release today as well, 1.0.38, to fix a typo in manifest. Can you try installing the latest release?
Perhaps you were a bit too quick and installed before the release was available through pip.

If the problem persists you could try to install the library manually, how to do that depends on your installation though.

1 Like

A heads up for users with VAG cars in Denmark: I have learned that Danish cars use the service from ConnectedCars rather than the app from Skoda/Volkswagen etc. If you don’t see any data about your car in the official Skoda app, MyŠKODA, then this integration won’t work for your car.

@ArianneB I think your indentation is wrong in your configuration.yaml file.

Should be 2 spaces, not 4, on the lines subsequent to the skodaconnect: line.

Here’s my working config as an example

# Skoda Connect
# https://github.com/lendy007/homeassistant-skodaconnect

skodaconnect:
  username: !secret skoda_user
  password: !secret skoda_pwd
  spin: !secret skoda_spin
  scandinavian_miles: true
  scan_interval:
    minutes: 30
  name:
    !secret skoda_vin: 'Kodiaq'
  response_debug: false
1 Like

Will try it tonight! Thanks will update you

New BETA release available, v1.0.40-RC1.
ONLY! Use this if you are having problems with login in the integration.

Skoda seems to be migrating to their own API and servers. So far it seems only login is affected and perhaps only few users.
The old way of logging on solely relies on VW-Group Connect servers. New way is separate login with another ID that enables access to parts of Skoda API, amongst others the user profile with registered cars. For me I can access list of cars via both old and new way. The beta version only uses the new way for testing.
The “new” login does not give access to VW-Group API though, the available scope of the identity token is wrong, so both logins seems to be needed for some users.

Edit For those interested I have identified the following CLIENT_IDs, their enabled scopes and use cases:

• 7f045eee-7003-4379-9968-9355ed2adb06@apps_vw-dilab_com
    • “Legacy” client ID that in turn can be used to request VW-Group Connect API tokens
    • Scope: openid mbb profile cars address email birthdate badge phone driversLicense dealers profession vin
  • f9a2359a-b776-46d9-bd0c-db1904343117@apps_vw-dilab_com
    • “New” client ID that gives access to Skoda API, only some functionality has been observed such as user profile, list of vehicles
    • Scope: openid mbb profile
  • 72f9d29d-aa2b-40c1-bebe-4c7683681d4c@apps_vw-dilab_com

Thanks, this restored service for me. Had to log in to the app first to get it working and accept some VIN data thing.

Since today I got this with version 1.0.37:
2021-03-29 16:20:30 DEBUG (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Got authorization endpoint, logging on.
2021-03-29 16:20:30 DEBUG (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Authenticating with email and password.
2021-03-29 16:20:30 DEBUG (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Parsing login response.
2021-03-29 16:20:30 DEBUG (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Got code: /signin-service/v1/7f045eee-7003-4379-9968-9355ed2adb06@apps_vw-dilab_com/terms-and-conditions?relayState=86532a1f4ee02926a293875dca62133a73f293e9&updated=dataprivacy
2021-03-29 16:20:30 DEBUG (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Login successful, received authorization code.
2021-03-29 16:20:30 ERROR (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Login failed for skoda account, ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable
2021-03-29 16:20:30 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.skodaconnect] Could not login to Skoda Connect, please check your credentials and verify that the service is working

Yes this “error” isn’t handled in current release (but upcoming).
You need to login via web and accept the terms and conditions.

Indeed, that fixed it, thanks!

Exactly how do we do this? I logged in on the web and accepted new terms. But I still can’t connect home assistant to skoda services

Do you get any errors?

i get different ones…

ex this

2021-03-30 14:48:45 ERROR (MainThread) [skodaconnect.connection] Login failed for skoda account, User appears unauthorized

2021-03-30 14:48:45 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.skodaconnect] Could not login to Skoda Connect, please check your credentials and verify that the service is working

2021-03-30 14:48:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for skodaconnect: Integration failed to initialize.

Do you have Skoda Connect services or Smartlink?

Skoda connect. And it did work earlier. Just stopped this weekend I think. Tried the new beta, but nothing