Sky Connect - No integration

When connecting my Sky Connect I find this in logs, also doesnt show in Integrations.
Any ideas? Thanks

2022-12-23 12:46:23.604 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry ‘Home Assistant Sky Connect’ for homeassistant_sky_connect integration not ready yet: None; Retrying in background

Home Assistant 2022.12.8
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.4
Frontend 20221213.1 - latest
Pi 4
ConBee II
Aeotec Z-Wave ZST10-700

Same for me.

I thought, a configuration will start automatically, when I plug in the SkyConnect Device.

Home Assistant 2022.12.8
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.4
Frontend 20221213.1 - latest

For now I’m using a CC1352/CC2652, Z-Stack 3.30+ (build 20210708) Texas Instruments with ZHA at my Intel Nuc and only want to test, what if something happens, when I plug in the SykConnect Stick.

Since I finally had time at Christmas, I risked to move the ZHA devices from my Sonoff 3.0 to the SkyConnect using the “Migrate Radio” option of the ZHA integration.

Result: Rarely seen something so problem-free. The process was done in about a minute (delete old device, select new USB device and import backup into SkyConnect).

The only thing I had to do then was to manually change the coordinator name in ZHA from Sonoff to SkyConnect.

ALL Zigbee devices are working (84 devices, 578 entities).

1 Like

I have the same issue, not showing up and can’t connect to it manually either by adding through ZHA and selecting the device… can’t go through the setup. I am guessing we need a firmware update that is not out yet unfortunately…

I have subsequently found this in Settings/Hardware/Configure Home Assistant Sky Connect:

“The hardware options are temporarily disabled while we fix a bug”
and a link to : Multi-pan temporarily disabled | Home Assistant Developer Docs

2023.1.0 has not changed this.

Has anyone found out if/what’s the situation about this? Getting the same log entries after plugging the Sky Connect in… and the device itself is nowhere to be found / cannot be and isn’t offered to be configured or anything

2 Likes

Any progress on this? Any word at all?

1 Like

Nothing I can find on this matter.

In the newest version the integration for Sky Connect shows up … (2023.2.2++)

I’m happily shocked as well. Using ‘migrate’ worked well going from a HUSBZB-1 to SkyConnect.

It took longer for me to go up and down two flights of stairs for the procedure since my main PC and HA are 2 floors apart.

I followed the instructions in Home Assistant SkyConnect and successfully migrated my ZHA from Conbee II over to the new SkyConnect radio, and the zigbee devices seem to be functioning.

However, I never got a SkyConnect integration to show up. Is that needed still since ZHA is using it now?

Also, I went to Settings > Hardware and added the SkyConnect multi-protocol and it completed. I then saw the SkyConnect show up under the Thread integration as a border router. However after rebooting HomeAssistant for some updates, SkyConnect doesn’t show up under Thread anymore, and the Settings > Hardware still shows it as using the split protocol

Did I break something or is this part of the “beta” portion of the SkyConnect split protocol?

As far as I can tell, there really is no such thing as “SkyConnect Integration”, it just a special case of ZHA recognizing it has a SkyConnect USB stick. The migration document you pointed out does call it SkyConnect integration, but again AFAIK its actually ZHA.

Hard to tell, but does anything show up under “Thread” integration? It should show “Silicon Labs Multiprotocol”. Another thing, does your ZHA integration have a title “SkyConnect Multi-PAN”? and if yes, is ZHA working OK for you?

Hard to tell, but does anything show up under “Thread” integration? It should show “Silicon Labs Multiprotocol”.

Under the “Thread” integration, I can see two sections. The top section, for “home-assistant” shows “No border routers found”, though it had shown the SkyConnect previously. The bottom section shows my AppleTV

Another thing, does your ZHA integration have a title “SkyConnect Multi-PAN”?

Yes, the ZHA integration lists “SkyConnect Multi-PAN”

and if yes, is ZHA working OK for you?

as far as I can tell, it’s working as expected after the transition. There were a couple times that my sensors went offline, but they seem to be stable now

It seems like all the parts are together and working. ZHA is using the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol Add-On as this is needed for Multi-Pan ZHA for Zigbee, and IPv6 is working since you can see your Apple TV TBR. The only suggestion I can think of is to check the UI->Settings->Silicon Labs Multiprotocol and under the "Configuration " tab check to make sure the “Enable OpenThread Border Router” selection switch is turned on. If it is already turn on, then I don’t know…maybe take a look at the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol Add-On Logs to see if there are any errors.

it’s working for now. I went into the UI->Settings->Silicon Labs Multiprotocol and restarted it, which seemed to do the trick

Mine works now, actually after a rebuild when I setup a new host. All good, and thanks to those who fed into the conversation.