Sky Connect

Hello,

Sky connect arrived at my home. I attached it to my Dell Optiplex running Proxmox. Connected the USB Port to the Home Assistant instance runnning on HAOS 9.3 with Core 2022.12.1. dmesg in the HAOS terminal gives me the following output:
What should happen now?

The homepage under Home Assistant SkyConnect - Home Assistant says:
Fair enough, but nothing happens…

Found no infos about sky connect here in the forum. Am I too early on this one? :slight_smile:

Regards,

Daniel

P.S.: I have deconz Stick installed and run the deconz addon in parallel (for now)

1 Like

I am too early: Multi-pan temporarily disabled | Home Assistant Developer Docs

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I just received my Sky connect key, attached it witth the usb extension cable to my Raspberry Pi4 running HAOs 2022.12. It inmediately found it and configured it. Now i have this new integration called Skyconnect 1.0 . From inside the integration i used the plus button to add a new zigbee device. It began searching for devices, but it wasn’t able to detect neither a hue lightstrip that i had just unpaired from the bridge neither a hue dimmer switch that i also resetted , but nothing happened…am I missing something?

I have a similar experience:

Also other people seem to have connectivity / stability challenges.

Hey, Im also running proxmox and trying to set this up and nothing works, even with passing the whole USB port though to HAOS

Did you get this running in the end?

Hi There,
Not sure if you got this fixed yet but after running various searches, I came across this youtube video - [Getting Started with Home Assistant SkyConnect - YouTube (Getting Started with Home Assistant SkyConnect - YouTube) which bascially show syou plugging in, selecting the USB port… and turning off the VM. Once done and turned back on, my Home Assistant found the SkyConnect straight away

So when I first plugged it in, it asked me if I wanted to install the experimental firmware for matter. Which I do to eventually use both. This seems to have broken it.

I have reinstalled the normal zigbee firmware from the HA SkyConect site… But it just says the same thing.

Why on earth would you offer to install a firmware that actually breaks the device I have no idea.

Love HA, but the way they have done SkyConnect is a big misstep

1 Like

same 4 me

zigbee only ran fine, but when I got the opportunity to configure multipan, everythink broke. Reflashed zigbee firmware but never got it working again. For now I have a dead dongle as it is.

It can be related to my setup, proxmox with HA VM, don’t know. Will try to investigeate further.

2 Likes

Im also running Prox Mox

Got it working with zigbee2mqtt edge, also had to use the dns-name for my mosquitto-broker in the z2m-config instead of the ip

HOW can i get this to work using Zigbee2MQTT, i get this error:

Zigbee2MQTT:info  2023-03-17 17:38:45: Starting zigbee-herdsman (0.14.96)
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-03-17 17:39:06: Error while starting zigbee-herdsman
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-03-17 17:39:06: Failed to start zigbee
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-03-17 17:39:06: Check https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/installation/20_zigbee2mqtt-fails-to-start.html for possible solutions
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-03-17 17:39:06: Exiting...
Zigbee2MQTT:error 2023-03-17 17:39:06: Error: Connection not initialized
    at Ezsp.execCommand (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/ezsp.ts:540:19)
    at Ezsp.version (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/ezsp.ts:338:35)
    at Driver.startup (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/driver.ts:141:25)
    at EZSPAdapter.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/adapter/ezspAdapter.ts:165:16)
    at Controller.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/controller.ts:132:29)
    at Zigbee.start (/app/lib/zigbee.ts:58:27)
    at Controller.start (/app/lib/controller.ts:101:27)
    at start (/app/index.js:107:5) `````

i guess its somtinge to do :  **Error: Connection not initialized**

in the config
```` port: >-
  /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_SkyConnect_v1.0_768b3756f356ed1186aa48ca5720eef3-if00-port0
adapter: ezsp `````