SkyConnect HZA Ikea Tradfri bulb pairing issue

Hi,

Has anyone been able to pair tradfri bulbs with SkyConnect and HZA?

I have a tradfri motion detector which paired and works just fine.

The bulb model is LED2003G10.

1. I use the USB cable with the SkyConnect.
  2. SkyConnect v1.0 > Add Device (I see Searching for Zigbee devices…)
  3. I put the SkyConnect touching the bulb or 2cm like in IIkea instruction. I’ve tried further distances too
  4. I power ON/OFF the bulb 5 times to put it in pairing mode
  5. I see the bulb light flashing like a heartbeat which indicates it is in pairing mode
  6. Nothing happens and nothing comes to the logs, only messages related to the motion detector

The LED2003G10 is listed here Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker which makes me believe I am doing something wrong.

Solved by adding an additional 1m USB extension cable.

I have a RPI4 booting from USB3 to an NVMe. I wonder if that’s the problem.

My old tradfri gateway has been sitting next to the drive it for years and I never had any signal quality issue. I wonder what is different with the USB dongles.

I’m facing a similar issue. I’ve already put a long extension cable on the SkyConnect and taped the stick to the bulb. With that, pairing succeeds but then it disconnects and becomes unavailable.

This is the sequence of events:

• Set SHA to searching for new devices
  • Toggle the bulb (a LED2003G10) 6 times
  • It confirms pairing mode by fading twice
  • HA finds the bulb
  • The bulb confirms that by quickly fading a few times
  • Now I can control the bulb
  • Then the bulb blinks twice (off/on, off/on) and becomes unavailable in Home Assistant

Any idea? I paired 15 Ikea devices before (E27, GU10, smart plugs and buttons) and it was often a pain but it worked. The new ones, I cannot get to work

1 Like