Skyconnect MultiProtocol Timeout

Hey All,

I have setup some aqara sensors with skyconnect zha and it has been working without issues. I decided to enable multiprotocol and add my eve matter sensors and outlets to HA. The system worked for about a couple of days without issues. Was able to test out the automations.

Earlier today, when I realized that an automation didn’t run as scheduled; the zha integration was reporting errors.

“Failed to setup, will retry.”

The HA logs are showing the following errors/warnings:

2024-01-16 19:00:06.130 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.living_air_purifier_power fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 898, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1216, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/matter/entity.py", line 133, in async_update
    await self.matter_client.refresh_attribute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/matter_server/client/client.py", line 273, in refresh_attribute
    updated_values = await self.read_attribute(node_id, attribute_path)
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/matter_server/client/client.py", line 260, in read_attribute
    return await self.send_command(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/matter_server/client/client.py", line 344, in send_command
    return await future
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
matter_server.common.errors.NodeNotResolving: Unable to resolve Node 2
2024-01-16 19:05:13.132 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.hallway_air_purifier_power is taking over 10 seconds

The above is repeated for all devices setup with matter/thread and zha. None of the devices are responding or reporting states correctly. Any thoughts on what is going on here?

TIA

Based on this post, I found that the “Silicon Labs Multiprotocol” Addon had crashed (stopped). I started it and the system is back up and running. I am going to keep an eye out for this to understand if this is a frequent issue because MultiProtocol support is in beta.

If it arises again, this post recommend switching to a thread only firmware for skyconnect and using a separate stick for zigbee.