Skyconnect not recognized

Just received my skyconnect and plugged it and the extension into my laptop running my VM. Went to Settings/Integrations but did not notice anything new discovered. Rebooted laptop and same. Went to Add Integration and chose Zigbee Home Automation but the skyconnect radio was not listed. Tried all other ports on laptop including 1 that is USB 2.0 instead of the USB 3.0. I am running 2023.2.5 and 9.5 which claim to be latest software. Suggestions please?

Brian

Home Assistant OS will not see the hardware until USB pass-through is working properly for your Virtual Machine so bet that is your issue. Uninstall any device drivers that you installed for it in your virtualization hypervisor operating system and then configure USB passthrough on the VM. USB pass-through will not work if your virtualization hypervisor operating system is trying to use the device which is why you might need to uninstall device drivers there. Regardless you need to troubleshoot this from the side of your virtualization hypervisor and virtual machine manager. You can post more info about your virtualization hypervisor and underlying operating system if can not sort it out, but better is probably to go to the forum for your virtualization hypervisor and ask them about how to properly configure USB-passthrough.

Well, I went into the setting of my VM and then USB. By trial and error I added a new USB filter that had the skyconnect on it. It didn’t say skyconnect, but by trial and error I unplugged it and and found out which one disappeared. After doing that and then restarting the VM, it then showed ZHA in the integrations. After fooling with the settings there eventually skyconnect showed up. Thank you for the help and setting me on the right track.

Brian