Skyconnect + Raspberry PI 4 = Plug+Play SCAM

at least a couple of hundred views … hopefully i could protect people from buying this stick.

The only reason i bought the stick i wrong advertisement with Plug and Play.

But i get it, RPi4 is way to fancy system.

I’m done here.

From a quick glace of all the replies the solution is to remove the conbee 2 from the RPi4 that you are using and only use the skyconnect with ZHA and Openthread enabled on it and rebuild your ZHA network through it.

The fact that you are trying to use two ZHA gateways on a single instance is the root of the issue, in order to use more than one ZHA network you need another Home Assistant instance setup as a remote install client to the main one using the remote access integration if you don’t go the multipan route.

Matter is a protocol standard that works with thread to simplify cross ecosystem communication of devices, HA will not become obsolete as its being worked on and implemented with the beta integration currently available to those wanting to provide feedback as more devices support it.

edit:fixed typo’s.

5 Likes

Indeeed. And maybe get yourself a health ckeck-up. High blood pressure can be a serious thing when not treated (no plug’n’play).

4 Likes

You’ve got a tough life ahead of you. Godspeed my friend.

1 Like

more likely a couple of hundred of guys thinking “we should not feed the troll”

I chose not to reply based on the tone and tenor of the OP’s opening salvo, I had a gut feeling it would turn into a shit show. That being said, there are thousands, not dozens and not hundreds, but thousands of users here that utilize Home Assistant and of those quite a few use this stick without problems. So if thousands of people have no issue it’s safe to assume that an issue might just be local to you and taking a huge wee all over the people trying to help isn’t a great way to overcome the issue that is local to you. Sure, you could have a lemon, it happens and that’s life and get over it - how many products did you return to Amazon or Best Buy because it was a lemon and not go on a rant? There are no guarantees with technology.

You are linking forum posts in your Github issue back here and this is not going to be helpful.

Then you also provide links to other submitted issues where users have resolved their problems, some created by themselves. It’s more beneficial to use GitHub to discuss your issue in a technical manner, providing your information, logs, and what you’ve tried so far. This helps keep the focus on resolving the problem.

You can even observe how others you reference behave when submitting their issues or have conversations and make note of that.

If you are going to search for other problems and conversations about SkyConnect only for the purpose of showing that they have been made, regardless of date, reason, or relevance, then your issue will likely be closed. Read them in full and find out what the conclusion was before sharing them. If it does not exactly match your issue, it is irrelevant information to add to your own.

3 Likes

yeah what ever. just fix your logfiles (in a way it tells the users what the problem is and what to do).

thanks to everyone trying to help fix the problem.

nabucasa … thanks for nothing

Seems like you aren’t

7 Likes

Your ranting is zero help. You need to answer the questions people are asking you and nothing more.

so i think nabucasa really should be absolutely quiet about plug+play with skyconnect.

somewhere on the way of unplugging the skyconnect stick and rebooting, all my zigbee devices not responding anymore. i tried to plug the skyconnect back in, nothing. tried to migrate: not working. now all my zigbee devices got lost…

honestly… it’s complete bullsh*t they’re talking and people talking about that stick

@snikay, have you finished? I was just wondering because. I get my sh!+s & giggles from reading people’s arrogant rants, thinking they know what they are doing. So, I just wanted to egg you on… So please, keep going…
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

results in

2 Likes

And this is why I specifically stated in my main reply that you need to REBUILD your ZHA setup through it i.e put the devices back into pairing mode and re-add them.

Drop the attitude and go else where if you are not going to follow instructions, we are all done here.

Slightly off-topic, but Seagate have sold me a HDD as “plug and play” (which, obviously, led me to believe that it’s also unplug and play) and when I took it brutally out of my running computer, it crashed and now it won’t boot when I put the HDD back in. How about we sue both Seagate and Nabu Casa in a class action lawsuit for false promises?

What’s that? “User manual”, you say? Who has time to read those?

1 Like

Please people, remember to follow the code of conduct.

3 Likes

My guy, it’s only you. The other posts you linked as proof have solutions. So please, if you want support to fix your issues, ask questions. Ranting about this and that is just going to invite the trolls against you and spark arguments.

Secondly, stop insulting people. No one is insulting you, so please keep it civil.

3 Likes

that DefenestrateIT guy talks about sh-t-ng his pants // using his desktoilette , so i comment it - whats the problem?

Other than that, nabucasa has no clue of their system neither. thats why i ran into problems like this. a simple wizard telling “you have a new stick plugged in, but we will make you a lot of problems with your old one. we will not give you any choice. you don’t have to touch ZHA. it’s going to be crashed anyway. if you not a HA pro, leave it. should we proceed to ruin your system?” :wink:

but none of it… it’s plug and bug