Skyconnect + Raspberry PI 4 = Plug+Play SCAM

just search here in forum or on github… “crashes every day”, “not detected” “setup failure” and so on and so on …

THIS IS NOT PLUG+PLAY !! KEEP AWAY !! If you searching for easy deployment.

Also i could NOT find ANY response from NabuCasa related to this… neither here nor on github

this is a bad peace of hardware (tiny with tiny antenna) + bad software (plug+play??? plug+bug !!!) + sold WAY to expensive

compared to Sonoff Stick for half the Price with external antenna

still too many bugs - if you buy it for Plug+Play: DON’T

“These add-ons will be installed and updated automatically without requiring user interaction.”

for everyone reading this: it’s a lie. it’s simpy a plug+bug product. if you are not an expert and you already have a zigbee stick running: KEEP AWAY FROM SKYCONNECT

Sorry to hear that you’re having a bad experience with the Home Assistant SkyConnect. We would love to help you get your issues fixed. Could you provide some more information about how you have installed Home Assistant, what you’re trying to achieve and how you got stuck? If you could include any relevant log files it would help in narrowing down the issue.

5 Likes

just answer existing issues … especially for your own products with paying customers ?

I’m using RPI4 with HAOS and Skyconnect. Never used the Skyconnect for Zigbee. So it should not be blocked by some other addon/integration. Zigbee integration still works, so still uses Conbee stick.
This is a setup that should work out of the box without discussion.

Or at least i shouldn’t find so many auto-closed issues with less to zero response

You do realize that puddly is responding in those issues? He’s a Nabucasa employee who develops zha in HA. He’s responded multiple times in those old issues.

Your issue was created yesterday, please give him time to respond.

The issue created by TonyMontuna, puddly explains what the problem is in his comment on May 16th.

The second issue by martindinicolino, puddly requested information from martindinicolino and they did not respond. He needs that information in order to fix any issues.

Lastly, both of those issues have different errors than the one you’re seeing.

The error your recieving is talking about not being able to access the port. You’re using an alias /dev/ttyUSB1 to talk to the port. Have you tried using the serial by ID? Go to your hardware page, search for the actual ID for your zigbee stick. For example, this is my serial by id: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_TubesZB_971207DO-if00-port0. Yours will be similar, but will probably have skyconnect in the name.

Go to Settings → System → Hardware. Then click all hardware. Search “sky”, it should show you the ID to use.

e.g. Me searching for mine:

You can expand it to copy the first id.

Use that number in your setup.

5 Likes

yes, it’s by ID

And you’re 100% sure with that configuration you’re getting the error that specifically states:

[Errno 5] could not open port /dev/ttyUSB1: [Errno 5] Input/output error: '/dev/ttyUSB1'

Because the error tells me that you’re not using that selection.

i’m (UI) noob to be honest… so this is the only thing i can (or would) do… click there and click save…

first picture was siliconlabs multiprotocol

second is openthread boarder router

I have no idea how these two works together or if they should or whatever goes on there… or why or if it needs two addons …

do what you told us “plug&play” “automatically without requiring user interaction”
and i’m a happy customer.

until then i stay with the other boarder routers (nest hub etc), hoping my network stays up

So your conbee stick is running ZHA? And you want to run ZHA on sky connect as well?

i want to switch the conbee vs skyconnect zigbee/thread in the future.

ZHA is still just using conbee. thread was linked to skyconnect.
do they already interfere ?

this is ZHA … not using skyconnect, still using conbee

the question marks that comes up in your faces tells me you need a lot more logging and a lot more testing before selling :wink:

can i provide more logs/infos from somewhere ?

So what are you trying to use the SkyConnect for? The ZHA integration can only connect to 1 stick at a time.

If you are using the conbee, you have to swap to the SkyConnect in order to use that stick for zigbee. Matter is in beta at the moment, expect bumps in the road with that.

Yeah, please stop saying things like this. It’s very clear from my end that the problem is not your hardware. Keep in mind that I’m just a volunteer and have no relation to NabuCasa.

My assumptions:

1. Conbee 2 currently in place for ZHA.
  2. You want to prepare SkyConnect to serve Thread and potentially move ZHA to.

Questions:

1. Screenshot suggests you are using the OpenThread Addon and not the MultiProtocol Addon - correct or not?
  2. Is the MultiProtocol addon installed at all?
  3. Have you flashed the stick with either the OpenThreadRCP or RCPMultiPAN firmware, which one?

The stick ships with zigbee firmware.

I think if you want to use the stick directly, then the OpenThread Addon with OpenThreadRCP firmware is needed.

The MultiPAN addon can flash the stick for you, but I don’t think the OpenThread add on will.

If you want to ultimately share the stick with zigbee, I’d go ahead and install the MultiPan addon and and the RCPMultiPAN firmware. ZHA can continue to use the Conbee for now, but SkyConnect will be ZHA ready when the time comes.

1 Like

petro, i didn’t mean you specifically. i mean the nabucasa team. they should be so much more reserved about their promises. now it’s like always: nothing is plug-and-play, nothing is easy. just expensive and fiddling around. this is how they should advertise the Skyconnect. I guess i change the Title back to SCAM :smiley:
no support from the guys i actually paid :wink:

Assumption 1+2 correct

Answers to Questions

1. Using OpenThread Addon and MultiProtocol Addon

2. yes

3. none, should be auto flashed, right ?

also i forget to tell, it was working for initial installation, but was gone after a day or so. i guess after restart.

Also:

1. NabuCasa is doing the Amazon-Thing. First catching customers with “it’s all open” … “every vendor is the same”
  2. Now they build functions that aren’t working for popular Sticks like Sonoff (auto-discovery + auto-flash)
  3. if people want plug+play, they force the people towards buying NabuCasa Products
  4. their stuff is not plug+play neither - in fact, nothing is working

great job

Items 1, 2, and 3 are random, unsubstantiated and incorrect claims that have nothing to do with the issue you are facing. I suppose I can understand 4 given the issue even if it is a fallacy.

Additionally, I think people are trying to help you, but you are making it very difficult by making ranting posts like this in between actual answers to the questions you are being asked to help troubleshoot the issue. Can we focus on the problem and trying to solve it? Create a separate post about everything you hate about Home Assistant or Nabu Casa if you must, but if you want to solve your problem, please keep it out of here. Thanks.

12 Likes

They advertise the stick with Plug and Play. This is why i bought it on top of Sonoff Sticks i have laying around.
I don’t care anymore.
NabuCasa is scam for me from now on.
Wrong promises. No Support. This Thread now is the same like any other. No Clue and no Support from NabuCasa.

Looking forward to see Matter making HomeAssistant obsolete.

@balloob thanks for no help at all. Keep up with selling wrong promises.