SkyConnect - silabs multiprotocol and docker

I just have a IKEA bulb with zigbee so there was no need for me to investigate time to get this running. I am still not sure if zha is an option with multipan. Do i have to set up z2m?

Iā€™m asking myself why itā€™s trying to send mDNSPlatformSendUDP with interface 172.28.0.1/br-0dff7b2b3618/5, when I set the BACKBONE_IF to eth0

@leopold i add at your container this mount volume to have the right clock - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
It works.

I have a strange problem. Randomly the zigbee network fall down. I have to stop and restart the z2m container. I dont know if It Is a multipan issue o ā€œsarcazzoā€ what Is the problem. The log does not help

1 Like

Maybe the problem was that the host network didnā€™t have ipv6 enabled, even though I enabled in general in docker. But I only found ways to enable IPv6 in new networks, but isnā€™t there a way to enable ipv6 on the host network too?

In the end, does It work on amd64 or only arm64? In my Raspberry It works like a charme but iā€™m thinking to switch to x64 mini PCā€¦

the main reason for me was to build an image for amd64 (my setup).

1 Like

i have actually been doing this for all my containers for many years. :smiley:
But I leave it out of the documentation to make it easier

1 Like

@paolo2628, what firmware (and version) are you running on your ZB Dongle-E where you are able to get the image to work? Are you using darkxstā€™s web firmware flasher (MultiPAN RCP)?

Furthermore, is your docker-compose.yml file here still up to date?

With last (4.3.2) Fw doesnt work.
With previous (4.3.1) It works

1 Like

I dont know why, but I cant make It work anymore

still working for me with NabuCasa_SkyConnect_RCP_v4.3.1_rcp-uart-hw-802154_460800 and latest image build (today).

To clarify for everyone:
I have absolutely no knowledge about the software running inside the container.
I only made sure that the container is simple and executable for everyone.

For problems with the software running inside the container I do not take any support.

i get random zigbee2mqtt crash, i dont know why

• Raspberry Pi 4b
  • SkyConnect
  • Rasbian 64 bit
  • HA on Docker Container

All with latest updates/release.

Zigbee with ZHA running fine.

• added Matter Beta Implementation
  • added python Matter Server container.
  • added silabs-multipan-container

But Silabs multipan container wonā€™t reach healthy status. Tried multiple Skyconnect multipan firmwares, ZHA crashes each time and Matter never worksā€¦ got the feeling I missed something?!
Does anyone have step-by-step instructions for Skyconnect with Zigbee and Matter in parallel in the Docker container?

could it be that the problems I have with zigbee2mqtt are due to the fact that by changing fw from NCP to RCP I have to do repairing? But after starting z2m, for a while it works, then , randomly, i turn on a switch (which 1 minute before was working) and zm2 get crash

Hey Leopold,

Thanks a lot for sharing.
I am wondering if youā€™d be willing to help me troubleshoot.
I have done the docker run, Once completed I checked the logs of the multipan container, and it keeps telling me over and over Failed to connect, secondary seems unresponsive

I am also unable to open the WEB GUI.
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I have tried updating different firmware to the Skyconnect dongle.

Thanks in advance!

which usb dongle?

This morning I received the zigbee2mqtt update and now everything seems to work fineā€¦ :slight_smile:
If the zigbee network goes down tonightā€¦ Iā€™ll take a hammer and smash everything

EDIT
it worked 4 hours. then zigbee started to stop responding. if I reboot it seems to work then maybe I turn on a light and everything crashes. but it worked for 4 hours. I give up, itā€™s absurd and Iā€™m pissed off

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m trying to setup RCP 4.3.2 on the Sonoff-E V2 too without luck.
Iā€™m running Home Assistant Core on Debian 12 on a Pi4B.
Everything was working fine before switching to RCP.
Now after all the firware upgrade and running the silabs docker, I was only able to setup Thread.
When I try to setup ZHA i dont get the socket:// option, only the /dev/ttyACM0 one.
Iā€™m using the same compose as you, but I donā€™t understand why the socket:// options isnā€™t showing.
Any hint?

When you set up zha, you have to choise ezsp and then you have to write manualy socket://yourip:20108.
Tell me if It works

Just FYI, using the HAOS add-ons, I had issues with 4.3.2 on the E.

4.3.2 couldnā€™t get through a pairing without the multi-protocol addon crashing.

4.3.1 has been solid so far. It has just been a couple days with a test net, so final verdict is still out.

i think that the issue with 4.3.2 is due to the fact that the last multipan addon is older: it has GECKO 2.3.2 but last fw (4.3.2) has GECOK 2.3.3.
if you start the multipan container with last fw you get a warning about this (2.3.2 vs 2.3.3).
I think that we need the update of addon and after we can upgrade to 4.3.2 fw

https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/amd64-addon-silabs-multiprotocol/tags

A question: you with @leopold multipan container, sonoff E and ZHA are able to use zigbee device? I dont know why my zigbee network works but after a while fall downā€¦
with ncp FW is all ok. :frowning: