SkyConnect - silabs multiprotocol and docker

the container builds every night with the latest base, so if you update your local base image you should get the newest version (eg. with portainer)
https://hub.docker.com/r/b2un0/silabs-multipan-docker/tags

but again: I have no idea whether it will work with it.
I only use the SkyConnect adapter for Thread.
Zigbee works with my own Sonoff stick and z2m.
I have 131 Zigbee devices and will not reconnect them to the Skyconnect

Yes @leopold i know. Is the ā€œbase multipan addondā€ which Is 2 months older, not your container:-)

I know that you arent using zigbee.

The question Is: Is there anyone which are using zigbee with your container without issue?

In case Is It Better z2m or zha with your container?

Thanks

silabs employee working on cpcd here.

Even though we try our very best not to break inter-version compatibility between CPCd and the secondary version, you should thrive indeed to update the firmware of the silab chip of your dongle and have it match CPCd if you see the message about version mismatch in the CPCd logs. That is the first step to avoid weird things happening

Getting the latest docker image is one thing, upgrading the firmware of the dongle is another

Is there a reason why ā€œ/dev/serial/by-idā€ doesnā€™t work and we need to use ā€œ/dev/tty*ā€ for the device? The issue of course is that the tty* identifier changes from time to time and is not reliable.

I was able to make use of the by-id device symlink via: --env DEVICE=$(readlink -f /dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITEAD_SONOFF_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plusā€¦)

Also managed to run ZHA on a different host running HA, connected to the multipan container for zigbee. Letā€™s hope it is stable!

By the way, what are the available log levels that I can pass to the docker command for this container? I am seeing a lot of logs, which is ok when setting up and debugging but once stable, I may just want to see warnings or errors.

nobody uses skycconnect on x86 architecture? :wink:

I desperately need a dockerfile or ready to go image for my dell wyseā€¦

(or a step-by-step tutorial how to create a dockerfile for this one?)

for logs add this to docker-compose.yaml in environment section:
S6_VERBOSITY: 2
OTBR_LOG_LEVEL: ā€œinfoā€
So you are able to use zigbee? iā€™m not. it crash (zigbee2mqtt)

1 Like

FRIENDS IT SEEMS TO WORKS!!! I added, in configuration.yaml of zigbee2mqtt thist string:
baudrate: 460800

I added this in ā€œserialā€ section, like this:
serial:
port: tcp://myip:20108
adapter: ezsp
baudrate: 460800

it is correct??? now it works!!! I found this setting in zigbee2mqtt guide but for ezsp the guide says 115200. I put 460800 like multipanā€¦ i dont know if it is ok but it is working!!!

1 Like

thanks, added this to the README.md

1 Like

@leopold i can confirm that It Is working like a charm since 2 days

@leopold a question: when i upgrade multipan container (every morning), i have to stop and restart zigbee2mqtt.
It Is a way by a specific command/link/configuration to get docker to restart zigbee2mqtt after multipan up -d?

@leopold Iā€™m trying to get you container running but I get the following error on my RPI4:

no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries

Is it somehow possible to get the armv7 running on amv8?

the build is for linux/arm64
donā€™t know whatā€™s the problem on your RPI4
https://hub.docker.com/r/b2un0/silabs-multipan-docker/tags

I think that you are using a 32 bit distribution.
Open an ssh terminal and type uname -a

1 Like

Iā€™m having some trouble with zigbee devices in zigbee2mqtt after configuring multipan. I had to repair devices which was somewhat expected, but devices retained friendly names after being added to the network so it wasnā€™t too much trouble. The issue Iā€™m having is all devices will only connect to the coordinator and not to each other.

Iā€™m getting LQI timeouts when mapping and when turning devices off.

Iā€™m using the same zigbee channel as thread and have the baudrate matching as well. Iā€™m using NabuCasa_SkyConnect_RCP_v4.3.1_rcp-uart-hw-802154_460800.gbl but see that 4.3.2 is available.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Edit: I had Z2M generate new ext pan ID, pan ID and network key. Paired everything again and itā€™s looking a lot better.

Edit2: Iā€™m also using this in docker compose to avoid /dev/USB0 path changes.

volumes:
      - $HOME/.config/multipan:/data
      - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_SkyConnect_v1.0_fec05b5f9114ed11bb92be8be054580b-if00-port0:/dev/ttyUSB99
    environment:
      DEVICE: "/dev/ttyUSB99"

Can anyone help me set this up in unraid? Itā€™s not available yet in the ā€˜storeā€™ so needs a manual template.

Whatā€™s the official container and latest one to use?

This is what home assistant are using: https://github.com/nervousapps/haDOCKERaddons/tree/master/silabs-multiprotocol/dockerCustom

This is someones forked version to removed some of HAS stuff: GitHub - b2un0/silabs-multipan-docker: A RPC docker server based on HomeAssistant's Silicon Labs multiprotocol addon

This is the Silabs OEM Source: Docker

1 Like

Hi @leopold Just wanted to let you know I installed your fork on amd64 and everything worked OK.

Everything in your README was OK, I only had to add this to my docker compose:

cap_add:
  - SYS_ADMIN
  - NET_ADMIN

I found this a few messages earlier in @paolo2628 's response.

Great work. Thank you.

Let me know if you want me to make a PR to add the above to the repo.

1 Like