SkyConnect with HA on QNAP in Docker

Hi guys,

I’m struggeling to get my SkyConnect USB stick working with my current HA setup. It’s running in a Docker container on a QNAP TS-251+. It seems the SkyConnect stick has already issues get mounted properly on the host system.

But before I spend more time for investigation, I was wondering if someone else got the SkyConnect running on a QNAP? Did it work flawless?

Thanks in advance

HA docker not support the skyconnect in home assistant docker.

You can make HA see the stick like this:

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
#    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:latest"
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:2023.6.3"
#    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:stable"
    volumes:
      - ./config:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - /run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro
    devices:
      - '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_SkyConnect_v1.0_5a5e4ffc9d91ed118b9bbfd13b20a988-if00-port0:/dev/ttyUSB0'
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: host

HA will see it in the hardware connection, but when you click on the configure button, a dialogue will pop up stating Skyconnect multi protocol support is only supported in HAOS.

So put it back in the drawer for now and raise a feature request to merge the addon functionality into the core HA, if enough of us do this and support this feature it might happen and we wont have wasted money on these little blue sticks. Id do it, but I cant code. I can test it though!

3 Likes

Hi Travellor,
a follow up: Is the Skyconnect only struggling with multi protocol in the docker or also with providing only Zigbee or only Thread, respectively.
Do you know, if two sticks can run in the same docker, again one Zigbee plus one for Thread?
Thanks in advance!