SkyConnect & Zigbee2Mqtt

That setting for the coordinator device reminds of two old (and probably no longer PC) comedy skits :wink: :

Spinal Tap … turn it up to 11.

Garrett Morris … news for the hearing impaired.

Hi all, since I want to use a TRV602 with Zigbee (not supported by SkyConnect v1.0) I want to switch to Zigbee2MQTT using my SkyConnect stick. Is that easily possible?

This worked for my SkyConnect too, thank you so much!

Hello everyone!

I have been trying for days to get my SkyConnect to work with Zigbee2MQTT on my HA Running in docker on my Synology NAS.
I installed the USB Drivers and ZHA works (using ttyUSB0)
(NOTE that i have disabled ZHA before trying MQTT).
But I get the same error as everyone here.
I tried both the

serial:
  port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  adapter: ezsp

and the

serial:
  port: tcp://core-silabs-multiprotocol:9999
  adapter: ezsp

Configs but neither of these work.
I cant figure out device ID or use the add-on as I am running HA in a docker and cannot run HomeassistOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @SimeJah

You cannot use the same device on both HA and Z2MQTT

If your SkyConnect is already been used by HA (using ttyUSB0) you cannot use it in Zigbee2MQTT, you will need a second device.

That being said, if I didn’t understand you right, the correct configuration to use your SkyConnect would be:

serial:
  port: /dev/ttyUSB0
#  ezsp was/will be deprecated
# don't set any value here, Z2M will use the default value (ember)
#  adapter: ezsp 

Hope this helps

I made the same mistake.
Is there no way to revert it? I would love to use z2m, but I only learned about it afterward.

There are ways to reflash the SkyConnect with the appropriate firmware for ZigBee2MQTT.
Here is an example Community Forum thread that may be of interest. It is about upgrading the ZigBee stack firmware, but should work for you.

1 Like

Thank you.
I was able to flash it again however I wasn’t able to remove ZHA before, so I’m back at square 1 now and as far as I understand it, I won’t be able to get zugbee2mqtt running again.

I wish there would be a step by step guide how to manage that from zero.
This thread gives me headaches with all those chip numbers, firmware versions, abbreviations.
I intentionally went for SkyConnect since I assumed it would be easier…

What firmware did you flash it to?
As for ZHA, if you don’t have any devices paired, then with the Stick removed, you should be able to delete the ZHA integration, and then plug the stick back in and you should see HA “Autodiscover” ZHA SkyConnect Integration, but you should be able to ignore it, and this should leave the ZStick available for use with Z2M directly.

1 Like

I can’t really tell you what firmware.
I guess the newest one. I plugged it into my PC and went to the homepage and it dit what it did.

Furthermore, I couldn’t delete the ZHA integration as it gave me an error which I could see in the settings. The error went away after I’ve flashed it.

I bought a sonoff now and I’ll start over with that.

Hello everyone,

I’ve already tried everything. But whenever I set the port to ezsp I get the following error message:
“Failed to save add-on configuration: does not match regular expression ^zstack|deconz|zigate$. Got {‘data_path’: ‘/config/zigbee2mqtt’, ‘socat’: {‘enabled’: False, ‘master’ : ‘pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777’, ‘slave’: 'tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5 ‘, ‘options’: ‘-d -d’, ‘log’: False}, ‘mqtt’: {‘base_topic’: ‘zigbee2mqtt’, ‘server’: ‘mqtt://core-mosquitto:1883’, ’ user’: ‘mqtt-user’, ‘password’: ‘mqtt’, ‘keepalive’: 60, ‘reject_unauthorized’: True, ‘zigbee_herdsman_debug’: False}, ‘serial’: {‘port’: 'tcp:// core-silabs-multiprotocol:9999…”

Can anyone help me where the problem lies.
Thanks in advance!!