Slack Bot Integration

I’d love to be able to use “slash commands” via my slack channel to pull info or push commands from my Home Assistant API. I think all the tools are there but not woven together just yet.

Example:
Input to slack:

/Thermostat state

Response via Home-Assistant Bot"

thermostat.nest_upstairs current temperature is 68 with a heating set point of 69

1 Like

Similar functionality now exists in hubot-home-assistant.

1 Like

Will take a look. Thanks @robbiet480

@ironlion27 did you ever get a working version of this?
I’m planning on using Slack for my Home Assistant (and other tools I’ve running with Slack integration), having to option to use slash commands would be very nice!

Never got a version working. I gave up and moved over to the Telegram Bot. Having issues getting that to work, it exists at least - probably just user error, but that is a story for a different thread.

Alright, thanks for letting me know, I’ve started creating one (as I’m using Slack for work and other tools now, it’ll be good to have one).
First test are going well, I can save my connection details (host and password) and get the state of sensors (if the id’s are typed correctly :stuck_out_tongue:)

@tmatheussen - how’s the slackbot coming along?

It come a bit to a halt, haven’t gotten the time lately to continue on it (building a house involves a lot of planning :slight_smile: )
I should check whether I got a version of the code on GitHub, since I kind of forgot a bit where I was in the process…

I’m also interested in this.
I also use slack for a bunch of other stuff already :slight_smile:

Same here! Slack is part of my daily work. I use it for all my HA notifications, I wish I could quickly act on some of them brought a text command without having to fire up the HA dashboard.