Sleep state from Fitbit Sleep API

Can we get Sleep state from the Fitbit integration please? Based on what I am reading we should be able to do this:

I was considering trying to make a custom component but am too novice.

The underlying library has not been updated for 5 years. Good luck!

Isn’t Fitbit officially integrated? Idk how to do this but shouldnt it just be another sensor defined by the api call?

Yes, via a library that hasn’t been updated for 5 years.

Ha, so I was able to reverse engineer the official fitbit integration (core/homeassistant/components/fitbit at dev · home-assistant/core · GitHub) into a separate custom_component. I then realized I am a moron. The integration pulls from the Web API, which doesn’t have sleep state, only sleep data after the fact. The DEVICE API, on the other hand, has the state available to it, but has to be running on a Fitbit OS device, (Versa, etc.) and thus, will not work for what I am attempting. I had an Inspire 3 (returned it after 20 hours of messing with it.) and the Inspire series does not have Fitbit OS, nor does it work with SleepAsAndroid. I’m going to see if I can mess with the Mi Band 8, but I’m probably going to end up buying a 7 and returning the 8 for zepp OS.
Long story short, to achieve what I want I would have to use one of the bulky models (no thanks) and create a custom app for that model, then create an integration that pulls from that custom app.
So, this is futile and pointless for myself.

1 Like