Sleep trainer for children using input_datetime and an RGB light

I’m not sure, you could check what’s under the choose step in the step details for that step, maybe that gives a hint? Otherwise you could download the trace of the failed run and upload it, I could have a look to see if I can find anything out of the ordinary.

It almost seems as if the ‘choose’ step is invalid, or at least the condition checks in it. Checking the step details should give you at least the values which were used during the run to check the conditions.

Is this still supported and working? I’m on 2022.6.6 and “Enable light” has a dropdown entity and the dropdown just says “No matching entities found”.

IT should still work as far as I know. I’m still using it and it’s working fine here. I haven’t looked into updating it with the latest possibilities though.

Let me know if you have any issues!

Just getting a chance to try again. This is probably something I’m missing, so apologies for the dumb questions, but how do I configure this to display something in then dropdown for ‘Enable light’? It says to select ‘input_boolen entity’ for this input, but nothing is in the dropdown. It just says "No matching entities found’. Same applies for each of the days of the week time where it says to select ‘entity_id’ and has no options other than again only displaying ‘No matching entities found’.

The inputs for the blueprint are expected to be helper entities. For the Enable light input, an input_boolean ( Input Boolean - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)) is expected.

For the Time inputs, input_datetime helpers are expected: Input Datetime - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

These helpers are useful because it makes it easy to setup on a dashboard in the UI, instead of having to dive in the automation itself to make any changes.

You can setup helpers from the UI in Settings → Devices&Services → Helpers. When the helper entities are setup, they should show up as possible entities to select in the automation’s setup.

Your explanation did the trick, thanks a bunch! :slight_smile: Really appreciate the work you put into this for the group and the help.

No problem, I hope you find the blueprint useful :slight_smile:

HI. I have been using this blueprint for a while, and it used to work perfectly.
However since upgrading to 2022.9.6, its been failing.

I checked the error and it shows

Stopped because an error was encountered at September 27, 2022 at 7:00:00 AM (runtime: 0.06 seconds)

extra keys not allowed @ data['white_value']

Doing some googleing, it appears the white_value has been depricated

So I think that the blueprint, might just need to be modified to remove the white_value and replace it with just white

I haven’t tested it yet, but will give it a go when I get home from work

Hi Craig,

You’re right, that’s the cause of the error you’re getting. I have tested and updated the blueprint and can confirm that it now works as expected again.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Hi, I am very keen to integrate this blueprint myself. But as I click the badge and hit preview blueprint I get an error.
Using latest HASS

That’s strange, I’m not sure what could be the issue. I’ll see if I can check it out later today.

I’ve changed the import url to the GitHub gist link, now it seems to work properly. Let me know if it still doesn’t work!

works now, thanks mate

The transition to purple never seems to happen for me. Everything else is fine. Any ideas?

HA 2022.9.5
HAOS 8.5

When I implemented this it was hard to trigger on an offset time, so instead the blueprint uses the start time as trigger and then waits until the time is at 15 minutes before the ‘get up’ time.

If HA is restarted during this time this could cause the transition to purple to be missed.

I believe this can be set up much easier now with the new time triggers which were introduced, but I haven’t gotten around to diving into that. But using a proper trigger for the purple transition would fix any issues due to HA restarting, reloading automations etc, anything which causes an automation to restart basically.

I don’t know if this is the case with your situation, hard to tell without any more specific information.

Hi! Thanks for a great blueprint! I have tried setting it up, but i think i am doing something wrong. I dont know if/how to configure the «on - input.boolean» helper. I tried adding it, but i guess i have done something wrong. The lamp turns on and off, but its just green. When the «start» time goes, it turns on green, not red. And it just keeps beeing green until stop time. Any suggestions to what ive done wrong?

Hi Lars,
Can you share your configuration? Do you mean the ‘Enable light’ boolean? If the light does turn on, then this input boolean is configured correctly.

Be aware that the times should be configured as input_datetime helper entities. It doesn’t work if you input the time directly in the automation configuration. It was setup in this way so that the times can easily be edited from the frontend.

My configuration looks like this:

Hi Thanks for awnsering. Ive set up «weekdays» and «weekends» as time ‘input_datetime’
But i dont know why its not working. if i look at the steps, it “stops” between the “three pointet arrow” and the “A/B”

Here is the log;

It looks like the value of your ‘Enable Light’ entity is off. If you turn that boolean on it should continue running.

1 Like