Sleep trainer for children using input_datetime and an RGB light

Thanks! Now i almost got it going! :slight_smile: Only thing i cant get working now is the 15 min to purple transision.

Sorry for beeing such an newb!

No problem :slight_smile: It would be helpful to check the trace of the automation to see why the 15min to purple doesn’t work.

• Does it never turn purple?
  • Does it turn purple, but not at the right time?

It sadly never turns purple. I made an quick test now, turn red at 12:50 and green at 13:35, but there is no change to purple at 13:20

I’ll have a look tomorrow, today is a bit busy. It seems that the wrong choice path is being executed, I’ll have to look in detail what could cause that.

1 Like

Because option 1 is executed, the light is turned off it seems. This would be because of the set ‘stop time’. Are the set wake-up times within the window of ‘start time’ and ‘stop time’? If not, that could explain it. Otherwise the trace might not be the correct one, are there more traces?

The automation chooses between 3 paths:

• Option 1: turn off the light when the time is after the set ‘stop time’
  • Option 2: turn on the light red, wait for time to pass until 15 minutes before the wakeup time, then make the light turn purple.
  • Option 3: Turn the light on green at the wakeup time.

Hey, great blueprint for little ones. Is it an idea to also have the start/endtime configurable by a datetime helper? So also something like 1 hour before waking time should be then possible with a template helper. Also something like configurable colors for the 3 states? Just some ideas :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

hey,

Thanks for the awesome blueprint.
But one little problem, mine also never turns purple.
Just red and than green.
Wait time : null it says for the wait step