Sleepiq bed and automations

I have a sleep number bed and I created an automation when I get out of bed to turn the light in the bathroom on so I don’t trip late at night. I have another automation that will turn the bathroom light off when I get back in bed. Both work but the bathoom lights come on too slowly. I believe it has to do with the fact that the bed sends status updates to the sleepiq web site and that is what is being used to automate the lights coming on. There are lights under the bed that come on rather quickly when I get out of bed and turn off rather quickly when I get back in bed, but I don’t see a way to access the data from those lights. If I could access the data for those lights then I could trigger the bathroom lights to come on and go off when the under bed lights go on or off. Anyone out there that uses sleepiq dealt with something like this and can provide any guidance? THANKS

I am probably over thinking this but if you used a relay to go to NC while the lights have power and than an when an ESP32 detects that the GPIO pin has changed state either with Tasmota or ESPHome the command can be set to turn on the lights or whatever else you wanted. Are the LED’s 3.3, 5 or 12 Volt?

So I just popped behind/under my bed to try to measure the voltage… But I didn’t really get any good results… If you turn the light on and then unplug it and plug it back in, the light stays off… It is like the bed is aware that the light is unplugged, and it stops sending power… To get the light back on, I had to toggle it off and on again in the app. When I turn it on with the light unplugged, it shows 5v, and then it instantly starts going down, and eventually gets to 0v in a few seconds

What does your automation look like? I have the same setup and I’m trying to figure out what the states are for the bed. Some places I look it says ON and OFF for in and out of bed. Other places it says DETECTED or CLEAR/CLEARED. I can’t get the bed to trigger anything.

As for the latency not sure about that. Seems like I might run into the same problem so I’m interested.

I have a Select Comfort bed and base. When I first started with HA last summer, I found the SleepIQ integration buggy. It seems more stable now.

I have 3 automations that run.

1. When we get out of the bed in the morning, HA inflates the bed to 80 on both sides and turns on SleepIQ privacy mode. (I get annoyed when the app insists on telling me I slept when I didn’t.)
  2. At 10p the light under the bed is turned on so we can see, the firmness is reset to our last set level, and privacy mode is turned off.
  3. Once the bed is occupied the light turns off.

I also like that I can use the bed as an occupancy sensor in other automations/sensors.

My experience has been the occupancy sensor is delayed due to HA polling every X seconds… as far as I can tell, I haven’t found a way to have HA instantly update/fire off automations when I enter or exit the bed. I’ve had to build my automations around that delay.

If anyone has found a way around that, would love to read more!