Sliders! - Volume Control - TV, Sonos & Light Brightness

I’ve been keenly learning everything I can about Home Assistant over the past few weeks, its an amazing platform with a fantastic community!

I can’t wait to get my home automation up to scratch! At the moment I have just been playing around seeing what the possibilities are before really diving in…

I have sonos setup and always use groups - is it possible to easily setup just a volume control to adjust the whole group e.g.

And adding play/pause or mute for the group?

The big player control widget is cool but not when I have 4 on screen at once for all my groups…

Is it also possible to do the same for a Sony Bravia TV to pull the volume control out from the player card?

I attempted to try the technique by https://github.com/GreenTurtwig/personal-home-automation/tree/master/Home%20Assistant @GreenTurtwig but seems to only work with the Samsung TV not Sony…

And with light switches (and I know there was a debate about controlling brightness and colour of switches that are off )- but is there anyway way of being able to control the brightness right from the panel without clicking into a device? e.g.

(Ill put an image example in the next post…)

Anyway just though I would ask… i’ve been trying everything to play around trying to get this to work without much luck… I can’t seem to jump into really refining my home automations until I get the UI looking perfect…

Looks like new user can only do a single image per post…

Here is my dream light config card :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have since scrapped my input slider (really need to update my config with the new devices I’ve got, but need to make components for them first). The input slider in my old config was actually hooked up to my desktop’s volume, it would send a request and the desktop would receive it and adjust the volume accordingly.
You could probably setup a slider an an automation to adjust the volume on multiple Sonos’. :cat2:

Why did you end up moving away from the slider? It looks like a very handy control!

Any tips on where to start reading up on how to start setting up an input slider to control a sonos group?

Happy to learn myself just need to know where to start with it!

Anyone had any luck with sonos group volume control?

I got rid of the slider for my PCs volume because I just didn’t need it, was taking up space on mobile. Your best bet is probably to look up automations using the input slider.