SlimmeLezer+ no energy data

Yes, basicly communicating on P1 port and sending data over MQTT, but SHRDZM itself already decodes messages, so no additional DLMS python script is needed.

I guess not, cause I’m unable to incorporate decoding with python script myself, see above :slight_smile:

At the beginning I thought it also needs authenticate key, but Erich (saghon) told me, it’s not needed. So as far as I can tell he created the code only with encryption key and it works.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! At the end, I figured it out. I had looked at the archive first, and that one hasn’t had the encryption implemented, but through a script on the end. That’s why I asked.

After then I saw the fork, and that has already the encryption built in, also as it is visible on the website.

As it runs on a SlimmeLezer+ for You, as I understand, does the P1 port power the device?

Yes, in my case it does… some sources state, that there may be problems at startup of the device (draws quite some current when starting up), but in my case the meter supports it without problems.

1 Like

@AdmiralStipe I also came from Slovenia and own Iskra AM550 powermeter(Brand new installed few days ago)… I would like read data(House power usage) from meter instead of buying another Qubino 3 Phase DIN module…
If Im understand you correctly I only need buy SlimmeLezer+ device, then flash SHRDZMDevice generic firmware on it, setup wifi and mqtt and connect it to meter? Is there some new version of firmware or do you use 2/3 years old one?
With this firmware I still need key from distributor? Where do I need to enter it(In SHRDZMDevice settings)?
Thanks for reply and help.

Also did you try AMS Reader:

It have more updates and nice WEB GUI to see status and statistics and also support HomeAssistant…

1 Like

Thanks for that link! It looks quite interesting.

The issue what you can run into with these meters is what format they are using. There are some which uses a binary/hex format for messages, some seems to use ASCII.

And on the top of it, you would have DLMS/COSEM encryption, if it is used. By the standard, it can use authentication to access data, or not, if it is not required. But most likely it will use encryption.

Really, your DSO should tell you exactly what the meter is using regarding protocol, encryption and if any authentication. Plus the port should be turned on in the meter’s software.

I believe since the original posts here, the ESPHome DSMR module includes decryption as well, and that should be the same what is built in to the SHRDZM code as well. (It is AES128 in both codes.)

The ESPHome version and the SHRDZM decrypts the messages what are coming as push messages from the meter. They don’t have authentication built in, if it would be required.

I understand that :slight_smile: Im see that it have some autodetection of protocol…

Im install it on one ESP32 and there is encryption option for meter:
slika

Im also try it on ESP8266 but it do not support MQTT SSL so change it to ESP32 …
I need to build board with RJ12 cable and get information from distributor what protocol is used and if encryption is enabled…

I would just order one from the website that is linked there. They should work from the P1 port as a power source. But first get the information from your DSO.

This one:

That looks like the serial speed and stop bit settings’ autodetection.

Pow-P1 is ok for someone who don’t have soldering skills, for me is overpriced(It will cost me 77€)… I have some ESP32 boards which I get for less than 10€. I also have blank board to make PCB and probably all elements…

It support DLMS and MBUS(With additional board):

Basically yes, but that’s just in theory :slight_smile: … in real life there are many small details which may be hard to overcome, but generally speaking yes, that’s what I did.

I use an old one, my version is 0.5.2 (after install I had a chance to update it via OTA once or twice, before the author removed the code.

Basically yes, but it depends on the distributor. Each distributor in Slovenia may have different settings on their meters and also different policy on handling out the keys, potentially turning off encryption etc. In my case (Elektro Primorska) they don’t give out the keys and are not willing to change the meters settings, but I know a case (not sure if it’s Elektro Ljubljana or Elektro Gorenjska) where this guy managed to persuade them to turn off the encryption on his meter so he does not even need the key.

See picture

By the way, the firmware on the link you provided seems interesting. As soon as I get hands on a ESP32 or ESP8266 I’ll try it to see, if it works for my meter too. SHRDZM works fine at the moment, but it’s not developed anymore and I’m keen on finding another solution, which will be regulary updated.

1 Like

As an EU country you should have this directive implemented already in your local law:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32019L0944

Article 20 is the interesting part.

There is no option from the DSO to refuse access. That is the whole point of the smart metering directive to have everything transparent for the customer as well.

I agreee, but what can I do, if they don’t respond to e-mails and calls? :smiley:
Anyway, I got my key already, so I don’t have to bother with it anymore, at least until they replace my meter (but that will only happen after 10 years).

1 Like

Hello @AdmiralStipe,

I’m from Slovenia as well and I have been trying to get SlimeLezer+ to work on my AM550 meter with whatever firmware I can get my hands on. I understand the concept that the output of the P1 port is encrypted and I got the keys that should help in decrypting it. Where I’m struggling is configuring any of the firmware to start returning valid results. I even tried the AMSreader that @DejanBukovec mentioned, and it did show the output of the meter in the coded form, at least I think, but it did not succeed in providing valid data.

I wanted to try the firmware you suggested but I can’t get the SlimeLezer+ to start an AP by following your instructions.

I would really appreciate any help. If possible we can even connect in another way - phone or messages.