SMA Energy Meter in Home Assistant

Stefan
I have that add on. I had previously read that it doesnā€™t connect to Home Manager. I just installed the beta version and no - doesnā€™t connect to home manager 2.0
Pat

Do you have a switch in between or something similar, because normally the device should appear in your router. Sometimes the devices are a bit stubborn. I would try unplugging the device and plugging it back in or resetting it. I know this from the HM1, where I suddenly had problems with the connection for inexplicable reasons.

I can see the device in the router (unifi network) but I canā€™t navigate to the device through IP.

Have you looked at the links I gave you or described your problem in the forum? Unfortunately, I can only recommend that because I no longer use SMA.
As already described, I also had problems even though I had been using the device for several years.

I am using the SMA Energy Meter Add-On to read data from my SMA Home Manager 2 - and it (nearly) works great through the Mosquitto MQTT broker into my Raspberry Pi 4-based Home Assistant.

My only problem with it is I get ā€œspikesā€ of high power on ā€œpconsumeā€ every 30 minutes (+/1 one minute) (which can affect my integral to kWh). The spikes on ā€œpconsumeā€ come from spikes on ā€œp2consumeā€ (but p1consume and p3 consume are fine).

As you can see below, there are spikes on p2consume - but u2 and i2 are fine. I canā€™t imagine the Home Manager is making a computational error - but Iā€™ve no idea where the problem can be occuring.

I can start dreaming of ways to filter the spikes out, but of course, it would be better to eliminate them at the source.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Ian