SMA Tripower x (STP XX-50)

look here:

Thanks a lot for sharing your efforts, @swante. I’m trying to get a Tripower X to work as well, but only modbus register 30775 appears to work properly.

Does register 30513 for the total energy produced work on your device? Mine does not appear to export that value, and it isn’t specified in the SMA documentation for the new Tripower X devices.

I had no luck with the register either. It is obviously not supported.
My experience is that it is best to forget about all the old Modbus registers. Registers not listed in the Tripower X documentation does not work.

For daily use, you can use the energy function of Home Assistant.
Or use a Utility Meter.

Why don’t you look at the documentation at SMA, everything is available online.
Try SBFSpot.
Try the 30531
If you send me the exact name of your WR I will try to send you the data.

Thought so. I’ll get in touch with SMA and see what they say, maybe they can add more measurements to the modbus in a future firmware update.

A riemann sum and utility meter works, of course, but it’s frustrating to have slightly less accurate data when the original data source is so close.

Hopefully the SMA integration will soon support the new devices.

I did. Both of those are unsupported on the new Sunny Tripower X line of inverters.

Do you have the exact name of the WR.
look over here

hello that’s all here already : MODBUS data from SMA Inverter - #250 by Bimbo009
See the post from March 16, 2023
You can also use SBFSpot, look here: SBFspot Bluetooth homeassistant addon - #220 by HasQT
See the post from Nov 22, it is also from me with the same system with Lan connection.

Again, those are the old modbus registers for SMA Tripower inverters. Mine is the new generation, called Tripower X, which does not support the old modbus registers apart from 30775.

Hello, then get the document for your inverter from SMA then you can change it and the problem is solved.

As both @swante and I pointed out above, those modbus registers simply do not exist on these devices. The entire API has changed.

1 Like

Can you access the WR with the Sunny Explorer and do you have the admin password? then take a look here and see if the Modbus is switched on. I would also recommend not looking here but under SMA Modbus. MODBUS data from SMA Inverter - #249 by wwwebrat

I use this script in a docker container, with great success, to feed my mqtt broker with STP data. Thanx!

1 Like

came across the same issue and pinged the SMA support. Response shared here. TL;DR: stay tuned for Q4/23, more registers are coming.

1 Like

According to a statement in a German forum, the SMA_support has also indicated that Sunspec support will be added.
I can imagine that both changes will then be done together.

Sunspec support was added with the latest Firmware-Update:

2 Likes

Thanks for the information swante !

How did you manage to configure it? I am on the firmware 03.02.08.R, Modbus server is active according to the External communication settings. Port is set to default 502. But the SunSpec Modbus TCP Home-Assistant integration fails to connect to it. Anything I may be missing? Maybe using the wrong Slave ID?

Edit: Never mind, found in the link you provided, that the device is found under the Slave ID 126

2 Likes

are u getting the production of the single strings through the Sunspec integration?

Has there been any further progress in this? I also have the Tripower X15. I just got the SunSpec integration working but is that still the only option?

Hi
I’m trying to get the sunspec connection to my sunny tripower x-15 running.

I have the integration installed, I type in the IP of the inverter, I set ID 126, port 502, but no connection can be established.

I have activated modbus server in the web interface of the inverter.

Do I have to do anything else in the interface of the inverter? Like add a modbus device somehow?
I have tried the stuff listed here: https://files.sma.de/assets/280725.pdf
But find it confusing, as I can not add a modbus device as described there. or I do it wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

bytheway. I have tried to access the tripower x15 via modbus from node red. Just a modbus reader node + debug node. I can read registers from it. In node red.

So I give my answer here to myself. The sunspec integration and the tripower only find each other, if there is actually sun. I tried to add the tripower in the evening, when there was no sun, and it didn’t work. This morning, no problem.