Smappee Failed to setup

I have an error with setting up Smappee.

I added the integration but it displays a red exclamation mark and states Failed to setup. Check the logs.

The log entries for Smappee are;

2021-05-20 07:56:44 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry smappeexxxxxxxxxx for smappee
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 269, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/smappee/__init__.py", line 92, in async_setup_entry
await hass.async_add_executor_job(smappee.load_local_service_location)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysmappee/smappee.py", line 39, in load_local_service_location
sl = SmappeeServiceLocation(device_serial_number=self._serialnumber,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysmappee/servicelocation.py", line 74, in __init__
self.load_configuration()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysmappee/servicelocation.py", line 149, in load_configuration
if ccc.get('type') == '2':
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

I thought I’d be smart and take a look at the files shown in the error log before I posted here but they don’t exist at either of the locations shown!

The bulk if not all of my HA Supervised files seem to be in /usr/share/homeassistant but not the folders/files indicated in the log?

Any ideas where I might look and what I need to do to resolve this issue please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

1 Like