Smart Android TV (bluetooth remote) replication on home assistant

If the idea is to duplicate a remote as the topic implies then here is a “guide”:

For Skyworth, so far usb worked for me since the network debug is disabled in skyworth by default.

As @koying mentioned above, you can try the below and the connection will last only until next reboot of your TV.

adb tcpip 5555 (command to enable network debugging via USB)

How to enable it using a USB cable it may give some insight :slight_smile:

good luck

1 Like

I’ve searched the forum and haven’t found any posts other than this one to suggest it is possible to replicate Bluetooth TV remote control commands. Just to confirm, it is indeed possible to use this BLE sniffer to interpret remote control commands and then replicate them with an ESP? If not, is there a similar means by which to do so?

Did you find a solution in the end? I haven’t been able to turn on my Xiaomi Mi Box S through ADB and doing it through bluetooth is the only I can think of, right now (other than not allowing the device to sleep, which looks to me like not an optimal solution).

Hi all,

Until now, I used an older Google Chrome Cast die streaming Multimedia.
This just worked well with HomeAssistant…

… Now, I’ve implemented an Android TV streaming Box (Nokia streaming Box 8000) …
First, I integrated it with the Google Cast integration until I noticed that this only enabled me to Steam Media from HomeAssistant.

Then - I found the Android TV Integration, and was Anke to Setup the Integration.
At least, it seems that I can now Switch the Box on and off - after enabling the ADB and Change the device sind to Switch Off in some ‘Standby’ mode.

Unfortunately, I am not able to control anything else.
I don’t see If the Player is playing Something or Not - nor can I select the streaming source / App…

Right now, I don’t need full Control of the Box - but I would Like to Set Play / Pause and get the playing state to trigger some Automations …

Any clear advise ?

Found the Android TV Integration… Unfortunately it still doesn’t Work with all expected Options… 🫤

It seems, that I can Turn the device on and off - but despite of this, I can’t really so anything else - nor do I See any Playback Information (what is playing, Play/Pause/Stop etc.)

Hi,

can you explain how you changed the Standby options with adb? → „Change the device to switch off in some standby mode“ - how?

I‘m using Xiaomi Mi Box S (2gen) and on power off it will loose the network connection. → no more possible to power it ON via Homeassistant.

Best case for me would be any option to use the „display off/on“ command. The Bluetooth remote can do this with a long press on power button.

1 Like